Chain Tensioner Interesting Idea for Tensioner...

""""I avoided all this by simply getting an arch idle arm chain tensioner since I put it on I've never had a problem."

Sorry I screwed up the quote thing. I'll get better. Looked up the
"arch idle arm chain tensioner". Yes, that does look like a good design!

I was also thinking about just a strap hanging from the Seatstay holding the original chain tensioner from flopping either way. Materiel would not need to be all that thick either, as it's in tension.

""""I avoided all this by simply getting an arch idle arm chain tensioner since I put it on I've never had a problem."

Sorry I screwed up the quote thing. I'll get better. Looked up the
"arch idle arm chain tensioner". Yes, that does look like a good design!

I was also thinking about just a strap hanging from the Seatstay holding the original chain tensioner from flopping either way. Materiel would not need to be all that thick either, as it's in tension.
I don't have a photo of this to share but I took a piece of aluminum flat and bolted that to the tensioner and the other end was zip tied to the top chain stay/seat stay and bent slightly to hold the angle, 3 or 4 zip ties in a crisscross pattern that later could be cut for easy removal.

I bought a high quality tensioner wheel pulley whatsit, with TWO sealed cartridge bearings inside, and it came with this hard alloy plate *free* hehe, so i just used that with the pulley bolted into the "wrong" hole, and attached the plate to both stays with a few P clips. I'll try to redesign sometime and use flat hard alloy strip, but this is functioning surprisingly well. :)
I repurposed another mountain bike chain device (the RSP) to control the vibes in the top run of chain too. :)

Last edited:
Back