Is your motorbike your main source of transportation?

Either way I haven't been able to legally drive a car in over 8 years and I have been riding my motorbikes 20+miles daily for almost 4 years going by multiple cops and they don't even bat and eye.

About 2 years ago my dad got stopped on an 80cc 4 stroke and the cop just was curious about it(my dad told them it was 49cc though)

I'm 35 years old and have had many years riding bikes and driving cars and I can tell you that I get in a lot less trouble on my motorbike than I ever did in a car.
Yes I understand, riding a M/B seems like a gray area, But you know the law now.
Just be careful and don't run stop signs and stop lights or your gonna get asked for a D/L

I got stopped for running a stop sign. The Cop gave me a ticket for running a stop sign on a Bicycle $175 The ticket didn't go on my driving record.

2 other times I was pulled over by the Cops just because they wanted to look at my Whizzer M/B. All the Cops are cool where I live too (y)

Yes I understand, riding a M/B seems like a gray area, But you know the law now.
Just be careful and don't run stop signs and stop lights or your gonna get asked for a D/L

I got stopped for running a stop sign. The Cop gave me a ticket for running a stop sign on a Bicycle $175 The ticket didn't go on my driving record.

2 other times I was pulled over by the Cops just because they wanted to look at my Whizzer M/B. All the Cops are cool where I live too (y)

From what I read it don't matter if it's a 49cc Oregon calls it a Moped and ya gotta have a D/L
If it's 50cc or over it's still a Moped but ya gotta have a M/C license
Both need insurance too (n)

So basically the same risk as driving a car without a D/L. :ROFLMAO:
I still need to get to my daily destinations and believe me my motorbike gives me much less of a legal risk.(and I won't be able to have my d/l back anytime soon)

Thank you though for the links.

Did a little resesrch, as long as you stay under 20 mph on an ebike, Oregon law comsiders you to be a bicycle. Though no cop has bothered you yet, it doesn't mean in the future one won't. As it is now you're playing Russian Roulette every time you ride. Eventually, everybody's luck runs out.

I personally would start saving up the money to invest in an electric build. You're on just the right forum for learning how to do an electric build.

Last edited:
Did a little resesrch, as long as you stay under 20 mph on an ebike, Oregon law comsiders you to be a bicycle. Though no cop has bothered you yet, it doesn't mean in the future one won't. As it is now you're playing Russian Roulette every time you ride. Eventually, everybody's luck runs out.

I personally would start saving up the money to invest in an electric build. You're on just the right forum for learning how to do an electric build.

Yea your right Pickle's commute to work is 20 miles so an E Bike is good legal transportation for him. But I figure since Pickle hasn't fixed his D/L in 8 years Money must be an issue for him. It can cost thousands of $$$$ with a couple DUIs and other things he says he has complicating getting his D/L back.
E bikes are expensive so that's probably why he rides a M/B 🤷‍♂️

Yea your right Pickle's commute to work is 20 miles so an E Bike is good legal transportation for him. But I figure since Pickle hasn't fixed his D/L in 8 years Money must be an issue for him. It can cost thousands of $$$$ with a couple DUIs and other things he says he has complicating getting his D/L back.
E bikes are expensive so that's probably why he rides a M/B 🤷‍♂️
I'm on a fixed income so I know about tight money. I've got a license but can't afford insurance and a gas bill. My state Tennessee doesn't require insurance or registration.

I chose gas because ebikes are very expensive. Give you little ride time and have a long recharge time. However, the expense is very little compared to a DUS fine and possible jail time.

The old cops tend to leave you alone. But these up and coming rookies are out to save the world over any little issue. Pickle ride your bike only when you have to. Save up for an electric bike.

I'm on a fixed income so I know about tight money. I've got a license but can't afford insurance and a gas bill. My state Tennessee doesn't require insurance or registration.

I chose gas because ebikes are very expensive. Give you little ride time and have a long recharge time. However, the expense is very little compared to a DUS fine and possible jail time.

The old cops tend to leave you alone. But these up and coming rookies are out to save the world over any little issue. Pickle ride your bike only when you have to. Save up for an electric bike.

Another reason Pickle has been riding his M/B. Pickle just assumed that under 49cc he didn't need a D/L.

Back