Just bought a gx50 clone

Could you maybe cut a little section out and super glue it back together to create a smaller Inner diameter? or you could also use the old gasket on top of the new one to help fill that gap if the threads are long enough and just tighten it down really good?

First suggestion would definitely leak, I got the part no from a gx50 parts diagram. It had a plain o ring and was leaking oil it doesn't look torn but there's a square hole right near the top of the dipstick maybe it leaked through there

Is this normal I think it might seal but there is a gap

Attachments

• 20240217_175527.jpg
    20240217_175527.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 46
If there's no crack in the plastic dipstick, or a tear in the oring there shouldn't be a problem if the 2 mating surfaces are in contact with the oring. Just don't know what else to say.

Well the motor has a recess for the o ring instead of a flat surface so I don't know how the oem gasket would work. I think there might be a burr on the surface allowing oil to go past the o ring or it was machined crooked.

Here is a picture of the surface where the o ring goes. There is the slightest burr or raised piece of aluminum there maybe some sandpaper would work. Anyone have any ideas on chain drive setups that would work for this?

Attachments

• 20240229_133428.jpg
    20240229_133428.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 21
Back