Kx65 Pipe

This is my pipe, right at the front of the frame is where the first divergent cone begins.

This is my pipe, right at the front of the frame is where the first divergent cone begins.
That's a nice pipe man! What did you do smooth out the connection from the bigger diameter header to the smaller diameter flange/port?

They are the same size, the stock flange is one pipe size smaller than the rest. I just welded the new pipe on to the flange, done like dinner.
There is a piece of the scooter header there too about a 100 mm worth to give me the 250 mm header.

Haha modded my kx65. Got the ghetto brake cleaner muffler on the tip 😄. I used 1" ID flex exhaust pipe and its temporarily wrapped with foil tape till I put pipe wrap on to seal it better. This damn thing doesn't work though at all. No power increase anywhere :confused:. I didn't do anything to the stinger, its there under the duct tape. Its 42" long from face of piston to 3/4 through baffle cone. I jetted richer for the pipe. What could be wrong? Is it the flex pipe not being perfectly sealed?

I doubt you'll get legit pressure waves back and forth with flex pipe man.
I was gonna put exhaust wrap on which you know hardens and shrinks when heated. And before I heat it I'm gonna seal it with the recommended pipe wrap high temp silicone sealing spray. I'm sure that will work right?

The other idea I had is to buy a $20 used 1" pipe bender (I saw 2 sellers on craigslist selling that) and bending 1" conduit and using that instead of the flex pipe.

That header pipe is waaaaay to long. I'd lose at least half of the length.
I wanted it 7" shorter but it wasn't possible with my bike and pipe shape. This is the only way my friend and I could configure so it is still allowing me to pedal and lets me steer. The flex pipe is bent to the max and I don't know if conduit can bend extreme enough to reduce the length by half. Got any ideas?

Last edited:
I wanted it 7" shorter but it wasn't possible with my bike and pipe shape. This is the only way my friend and I could configure so it is still allowing me to pedal and lets me steer. The flex pipe is bent to the max and I don't know if conduit can bend extreme enough to reduce the length by half. Got any ideas?
You have to ask these questions before you make it fit. The expansion chamber needs to be near the front of the bike. The belly should be right below the gas tank, and the header comes off the motor and goes down and then back up to connect to the rest of the pipe. Header should be 300 mm. The stinger can be bent inward and run along the frame away from your leg to make pedaling easy.

Back