Look at these two heads

Whitewill1412

Local time
3:16 AM
One is from a Runwell (aka Wildcat) PK80 and the other is from a $95 ebay kit. Can you tell which is which? It's becoming more clear to me that spending a little more on a good kit is so worth it.

Attachments

• 20230905_153009.jpg
    20230905_153009.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 20230905_153030.jpg
    20230905_153030.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 92
1 head is a bigger head for cooling. Way better thought out cylinder head.

You see how big the holes are on the cheap one? It doesn't line up right. You can tell the cylinder was off center

I had nothing to say, didn't like either of them. The right one has an off angle squish, and the left has none.
I also noticed that the PK80 head has no squish band. That engine ran great with that head though. Maybe even better than the aftermarket head that I replaced it with. I didn't really test them head to head. Makes me wonder how important the squish actually is. Why would it run strong with no squish band?

I also noticed that the PK80 head has no squish band. That engine ran great with that head though. Maybe even better than the aftermarket head that I replaced it with. I didn't really test them head to head. Makes me wonder how important the squish actually is. Why would it run strong with no squish band?
I put a 48cc on the Auto-Mini, it had a head exactly like that. It was a fun little bike, pretty quick for a 50.

I think somebody who actually knows how to make power out of a head should start making a head for these that has a good squish band, a small combustion chamber, and large cooling fins.

Back