Lost Another Motor

inspectorcritic

Local time
2:26 AM
Well, every 6 to 8 months the motor blows out got to order a new one.

Could the reason be the exhaust gasket blows out then gets my motor drench in filthy oil including the rest of my bike and boots. The oil lubricant should be in the cylinder even though I am running it at 5 oz to 1 gallon. Every one else will say 4 oz to 1 gallon but the manufacturer sez, 6 oz to 1 ga?

Do you think they will keep their 3-year guarantee and replace it without hesitation?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210702-165419.png
    Screenshot_20210702-165419.png
    473.7 KB · Views: 112

Could the reason be the exhaust gasket blows out then gets my motor drench in filthy oil including the rest of my bike and boots. The oil lubricant should be in the cylinder even though I am running it at 5 oz to 1 gallon. Every one else will say 4 oz to 1 gallon but the manufacturer sez, 6 oz to 1 ga?

Do you think they will keep their 3-year guarantee and replace it without hesitation?
Does it still turn and run? Or is just oil coming out? Go over the motor and tighten a few of the screws and get a new exhaust gasket.

If the exhaust gasket blows on a 2 stroke wont it cause a lean running condition & resulting in high cylinder temps, then in turn causes scored cylinder or rings or both.

You could buy a tachometer to make sure you don't over rev and also to make sure you're providing enough assist going up hills so that you don't have engine strain.

If the exhaust gasket blows on a 2 stroke wont it cause a lean running condition & resulting in high cylinder temps, then in turn causes scored cylinder or rings or both.
I've read that some of the 50mm bore engines run hotter than the 47mm bore engines do, if the exhaust gasket blew it could lean out the engine and cause damage. You probably hit the nail on the head.

It was just a small crack in the gasket one could barely slide 2 $100.00 bills through it, but oil mess galore on the motor my boots and the rest of the bike.

Back