Mag wheel parts?

If it is the 6 hole sprocket/rotor bolt on mags you have, you will first need to order the basic setup like this.

You will also need to order separate 203mm rotor for the rear in order to clear the brake caliper attachment from the 36 tooth sprocket you will also need to order, that will work with this setup...You will not be able to use a larger sprocket than a 36 tooth or else the caliper will not fit over the disk rotor due to space constraints with the sprocket hitting it.

You will also need this spacer/adapter that goes between the rear sprocket and disk rotor...I have no idea what they call it or how to find it online...This is what comes with the mags I ordered three years ago, and it is the only one that will give you just enough clearance on a normal store bought bicycle that was not originally built for motorized bike use without having to adapt and weld your rear frame to fit this in...Here is a pic of my spacer/adapter before it was installed on my bike.

DSCN0368.JPG

Add to this the freewheel rear pedal sprocket you will also need for this to work...it is a 22 tooth so you will probably need to add links to the pedal chain.

It is also advised to order a dual pull brake lever as the clutch lever will already be taking the place of the normal single pull brake lever on the left side of the handlebars.

After all this, If you haven't read what it took me to install all this, here is to how I did it to get everything to fit.

I don't recommend this method on an aluminum frame because it would probably crack and break, but this is what i did on my Steel Frame Hyper Beach Cruiser to accomodate the rear sprocket and disk to fit within the dropouts and frame.

On my bike, (steel frame ONLY), i had to "stretch" the rear forks apart by hand, about 1/2 an inch to put the rear wheel with sprocket/rotor attached, and then use a spare 15MM axle nut on the sprocket/rotor inside of the drop down, threaded to the axle with blue locktite, to maintain that amount of "stretch" to accommodate the amount of of clearance space the rotor needs so as not to be pressed against the frame.

It helps to have a buddy with a strong pair of hands to help in this proceedure like I did...lol.

As you now may see, it is quite a bit more expensive to do it the way you want to go, versus the way I went about doing this.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I also had to fabricate my own frame to disk caliper adapters as my bike was not already disk brake "ready", as seen in pics below but you can probably get away with using these adapters instead.

DSCN0189.JPG

DSCN0188.JPG

Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg

Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg

1 brake discs
2 disc brake calipers
3 disc to sprocket spacer
4 Left side freewheel
5 left side sprocket, probably 22 tooth or more.
But ya forgot the dual pull brake lever, the frame to caliper adapters, the extra links he will need for the pedal side bicycle chain...lol.

4 Left side freewheel
5 left side sprocket, probably 22 tooth or more.
Did you mean the RIGHT side, the pedal side here???...lol.

Also the pedal side 22 tooth freewheel is a sprocket as well...lol.

I'm planning on getting a Hyper cruiser just like Damien's. The info about yours is appreciated. Does anyone know what the little spacer Damien mentioned is called and who sells it?

This one right here.

dscn0368-jpg.191201

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back