Mag wheel parts?

A 44 tooth should help you climb hills better. The only thing that might keep you from it is chain clearance
As I stated previously, a 36 tooth is the only one I know will work...Look at the tiny little bit of workable space there is between the brake caliper and the drive sprocket...A 44T sprocket will NOT allow the caliper to clear the larger sprocket...I can just about slide a piece of matchbook cover between the caliper and the top of the chain with the 203mm disk rotor and as far as I know, thats the tallest disk rotor they make for these.

DSCN0346.JPG

I live in the hills. Is it absolutely impossible to use a 44 tooth sprocket on this setup? If so is there a smaller sprocket to go on the engine end of the chain?
How steep are these hills you speak of ???...Before my Phantom 85 I ran the Zeda 80,(66cc), and had no problem climbing hills with that at all, going between 28 to almost 32 MPH uphill...Im always going up and down hills where I live because I am dealing with the foothills of the Sacramento MT's as well as the desert basin I live in which is still at a 4500 ft. elevation. You should only need to do very little pedal assist from a dead stop is all and that even depends whether your on the flats or a slight incline just to start off with.

Should be able to run a 38T easily on a 220mm rotor.. maybe even a 40T.
Cannonball is running a 38T on a 203mm on one of his bikes but he had to sacrifice a little rotor braking surface to make it fit.
I was hesitant to put a rear disc brake on my bike because I didn’t want to run a 36T. After I did it I found out that I prefer the 36T over the 40T or 38T.
The pedal assist is not that much different on my set up from 36, 38, or 40T gear. The engine seems to prefer the 36T (14.76) too!

Are you saying that these discs allow for a bigger sprocket?

The bigger diameter the brake rotor the bigger the sprocket you can run.

What Damien showed in one pic.. the brake caliper on a rear disc brake comes very close to interfering with the chain when running a 36T gear and 203mm brake rotor. There are bigger rotors than 203 but it seems the ones bigger than 203mm are not quite as common.

Asked before about a smaller counter sprocket.. 10T is the stock size. I have not seen anything smaller.., 9T or lower. There may be a 9T but I haven’t come across one yet.
I have seen 11T and 12T for sale from RDM.

Back