mark f. cheney 53 cc hausheng motors

Thank you but I'm at a dead start as to where I can buy this 53cc as I already have the 49cc version .is there another Honda clone or Honda Subaru.... that has a on board generator ? Or at least know where I can bby this 53cc huasheng other than alibaba?

Thank you but I'm at a dead start as to where I can buy this 53cc as I already have the 49cc version .is there another Honda clone or Honda Subaru.... that has a on board generator ? Or at least know where I can bby this 53cc huasheng other than alibaba?

Alibaba is about it for this engine these days. That is straight from the factory, though, so you can order them in whatever color you like, or so they say. Why don't you just run the lights from the battery with the engine you already have? It would certainly be less work. I'm not aware of any other motor like this that has a charging system of any kind.

If I were working with the 49cc motor, and just had to have a charging system, I'd consider trying to wind my own bobbins and find some way of sticking them on there against the flywheel. You'd have to get the regulator first, and experiment with it. You only need 2 of the 3, as the third one is for the cdi you wont have. It can go on in any position, as long as it goes up against the flywheel like shown.
hua_zpsnxg5nzbh.jpg

I'd take an open E transformer core and weld it onto the side of the coil's core, and grind it round, and wind on that. But I have this whole thing with transformers going on right now. I harvest the transformers from old microwaves and rewind the secondaries to have more fun with them. I even built my own arc welder. It works really good, too.

Alibaba is about it for this engine these days. That is straight from the factory, though, so you can order them in whatever color you like, or so they say. Why don't you just run the lights from the battery with the engine you already have? It would certainly be less work. I'm not aware of any other motor like this that has a charging system of any kind.

If I were working with the 49cc motor, and just had to have a charging system, I'd consider trying to wind my own bobbins and find some way of sticking them on there against the flywheel. You'd have to get the regulator first, and experiment with it. You only need 2 of the 3, as the third one is for the cdi you wont have. It can go on in any position, as long as it goes up against the flywheel like shown.
hua_zpsnxg5nzbh.jpg

I'd take an open E transformer core and weld it onto the side of the coil's core, and grind it round, and wind on that. But I have this whole thing with transformers going on right now. I harvest the transformers from old microwaves and rewind the secondaries to have more fun with them. I even built my own arc welder. It works really good, too.

The only problem I have with this 49cc about its charging problem.i don't even know where to begin.especially if this only has 1 coil that I have a very good chance in frying the whole engine.im pretty new to this electrical stuff and I'm limited on money so I have to be careful.
Was thinking about going with this
http://www.small-generator.com/Small-Alternator-YAF-54.htm but I don't think it's really neccasary

It surprises me that you are only getting 6vdc from 14vac. I have run a scooter RR with a 12v bottle genny on a 26" wheel, and it peaked around 17-18vdc with a 26" wheel.

Another reminder, these things are wide! Look closer at the pic of the engine, there is a plastic spacer there next to the flywheel cover.

That adds nearly an inch to the width of the engine on that side. The 79/99 HF engines are in this territory! Might be easier to run electrical off chevrolegs lol

Another reminder, these things are wide! Look closer at the pic of the engine, there is a plastic spacer there next to the flywheel cover.

That adds nearly an inch to the width of the engine on that side. The 79/99 HF engines are in this territory! Might be easier to run electrical off chevrolegs lol

49cc to 53cc the 144f model is bigger ...slightly

49cc to 53cc the 144f model is bigger ...slightly

I'm not talking internal displacement. I'm talking about external dimensions. The genny HS sticks out more on the RHS than the non-genny HS.
It's an important factor to consider on a build. This genny engine with HS 4G or 10G is nearly 2" wider than a Honda-style 4G or 7G.

Back