Massive Electromagnetic interference from Magneto or CDI ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melody CDI Auto Advance Electronic Ignition $40

JMCL140 Ignition Coil

Ignition Coil - Fits most bikes, but you may have to make a mounting bracket. Coil works for 6V and 12V and will work with points or CDI units. Uses frame mounting for ground.
Should fit most Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki.
*Note, does not include spark plug cap.
Price: $24.95

This generic replacement one will work right? And probably increase power?

Melody CDI Auto Advance Electronic Ignition $40

JMCL140 Ignition Coil

Ignition Coil - Fits most bikes, but you may have to make a mounting bracket. Coil works for 6V and 12V and will work with points or CDI units. Uses frame mounting for ground.
Should fit most Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki.
*Note, does not include spark plug cap.
Price: $24.95

This generic replacement one will work right? And probably increase power?

Only problem is these might require a 6 or 12 volt battery to work...

I take it not all CDI's would work as a replacement? I was looking at some shielded model plane CDI's but they say input voltage of 6-12v. Does that mean charging voltage from magneto? I think these bike motors output more than that? Yes? no? maybe? Or use white wire instead?

Last edited:
You could always wire up an R/C 7.2V battery to supply ignition power, or run a combo battery and generator to keep the battery charged.

metal box

Mount the cd and sparkplug wire,and sparkplug in a metal box attached to the aluminum head.

The gas tank will shield your harbles. LOL

But I have noticed the slight smell of cooking thigh meat on my travels.

Actually, it does screw with my phone when I ride my bike. It makes my phone
"lose" the cell signal, then it can't reconnect to the network without me restarting the phone.

I'm telling you, this is a Chinese plot to destroy our manhood. Line those nickers with aluminum foil. I've been wrapping my head for years to stop the CIA mind control microwaves, now I have to wrap my nads too. My God, they're all around us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm telling you, this is a Chinese plot to destroy out manhood. Line those nickers with aluminum foil. I've been wrapping my head for years to stop the CIA mind control microwaves, now I have to wrap my nads too. My God, they're all around us.

LOL :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I do hope your joking.

BSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back