Milled head - WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a very big difference between a #90 and a #82 jet. Even with the clip in the top groove it will still be running very rich with that large jet. That large jet will make just too much fuel available to be pulled into the engine even at partial throttle. The main jet and needle have to attain a balance so to speak to work correctly.

Jim

Last edited:
So what are you advising, Jim?

Keep the clip in the top groove with my #82 Main Jet, with all my mods at 3000 ft.?

Hurry!

HAL

AS YOU HAVE WRITTEN, SO SHALL IT BE DONE!

Thanks, Jim...I'm on my way to the garage right now!

Zzzzooooom!

HAL

GRRRR!

OK...how do I get the ball end of the throttle cable to slip into the retaining slot in the throttle slide ?

Every time I try, the spring goes sailing off across the garage!

HAL

Attachments

• IMG_1285.JPG
    IMG_1285.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 219
That is the most frustrating part of the whole job. I use a forceps to clamp the spring after I compress it enough to get the cable on. I usually can get it without the clamp though.

head bolts

I've been away for a few days and have just read Hals experience with Oscars head bolts. My 2007 24" NE5 was exactly the same as his. I used Craftsman 6" long ball end allen wrenches that fit my 3/8 drive inch lb. torque wrench. With the gas tank off I had to unbolt all motor mounts and tilt the engine to the right at least 3". Absolutly would not work any other way.

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... my NE5 has a 26" frame. Maybe that's why I was able to get to the head bolts by barely moving the motor???

Anyway, I'm glad to see that someone else had the same experience as me! It would have taken a bit more than a 3-inch shift of the engine to make all the head bolts accessible.

(Oscar has 26" wheels, so it's gotta be a 26" frame.)

HAL

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

For the record I have a 24" frame with 26" fenders & wheels, and I have a 26" frame with 24" wheels. The 26" frame with 24" fenders & wheels is easy to spot because it has extensions where the bottom of the fender attaches to the frame, and another extention where the fender fastens to the frame near the wiring harness. When a 24" frame is used with 26' fenders & wheels it is hard to tell, but the rear wheel doesn't have very much adjustment front to back. As far as the front fenders & wheels go, the forks are the same and only the fender bracket is mounted in different holes depending on the choice of a 24" or 26" wheel.

I have also noticed slight differences in the "motor cavity" area and motor mount locations on different production runs.

One thing to be considered is many of the new edition Whizzers aren't always the same, and if you don't like it, wait a minute and it might change.

Have fun,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back