Motor won't start 80cc

I recently bought a motorized bike that need some work. As of now after all the work i did it won't start and I'm thinking because of the clutch or spark plug. I can ride the bike normally and the engine wont make a sound.
You might have also gotten the wiring wrong to your spark box, or maybe your magneto isn't making any contact for some reason

The motor is not doing anything even though everything is attach to where its supposed to be. I can ride the bike like a bike. Pedaling. Previously when i attached the chain the wheel didnt move unless the motor sprocket moved. Made a kind of thud sound. I think it was to do with the clutch. But i loosened a clover nut? I think it was called that made it able to ride like a bike but no motor. So it was tight and only motor and i loosened it a lil and no motor action only pedaling regularly like a bike.

First off i can buy and do whatever the hell i want. Why don't you stop the unencouragement. And it was the clutch but im also thinking the new spark plug setup will help. Once again for the troll i came on this sight to learn from moterheads because i dont know much so take your s**t elsewhere. And for my bike i am having trouble uploading pictures but i will keep an update if i need help. Thanks

OK, I'm confused - one must be riding the bike if trying to start it properly.

no you dont. lift the rear wheel, give the pedal a decent shove... a low gear helps. or you can tie a rope to the seat and hang the thing from the rafters if you cant hold it up against the sheer brute force of your leg.... :D

usual manner of testing an engine...

1 pop the plug, reattach to plug boot, lay plug on head...turn over engine, should see a spark.

2, spark seen, remove carb, pour a few mil of fuel down intake, try to start(having reinstalled plug of course). if it starts and revs briefly, all is good.

pop the carb apart, make sure theres no gunk in the bowl, that main jet is clear... reattach, go ride :)

no spark, or it didnt fire up after trying (2)... start reading threads.

yes, the clutch will usually not work at first, that is normal...it fixes itself in the first ten seconds or less...usually :)

First off i can buy and do whatever the hell i want. Why don't you stop the unencouragement. And it was the clutch but im also thinking the new spark plug setup will help. Once again for the troll i came on this sight to learn from moterheads because i dont know much so take your s**t elsewhere. And for my bike i am having trouble uploading pictures but i will keep an update if i need help. Thanks
Nice, that's the attitude you need to get a bike working, I think it "hit" you even faster than it got me, course my problems didn't start untill long after I bought it.

Now when you say it was the clutch, does that mean you have determined the problem, and therefore fixed it?

It did sound like a clutch issue, there's just a small book filled with clutch issues, and so you sometimes have to be very clear about what it's doing (or not doing) when on the forum for us to be able to understand and to be able to help.

Frankly, I had nearly no understanding of what you were writing, and neither did anyone else, which just makes it easier for people crack jokes and presume that you have zero ability to work on a bike.

I'm doubtful at this point that that's the case, and I think you got the balls to become an excellent motorized bicycle mechanic, but you'll have to find a better way to describe things, even if you have to take pictures, or draw drawings, which is a favored method of mine in some cases.

Most of us motorized bicycle lovers tend to be very visual creatures anyways, so pictures make us smile like shiny things do.

Have fun, good luck, wear a damn helmet.

I got it to run! But it still needs tweaked to make it run to its full abitltity. Which is basically adjusting the choke.

You shouldn't need to use the choke to make it run better, if you are then it's actually just too small a jet, order a few sizes (stock is usually 70) and richen the mix to get a good run, if it's idling funny then it's the carbs needle setting.

Back