Carby my carb won't fit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as far as I could research as mixing the oil has'nt been an issue with me for a long time as its been about 27 years ago. I looked to see what the racers are using on dirt bikes and there using 40 to 1 which would make sence because you had smoke. I also found out that the mixture doesnt have to be rite on so if you add a little gas to what already in the bike you'l be all rite. If its not that much you could toss it to get it purring like you want it.
I found this at a web site that shows about the plugs recomended for the bike and they are as follows.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Get an aftermarket spark plug. In fact, get a couple so you have spares. They are cheap. These bikes use a cheap Chinese plug and get a little better performance with a name-brand part. Spark gap is not critical. Gap your plug anywhere between .025"-.035 and it will work fine.

NGK B5HS or B7HS

Its a good thing I checked the plug for you because yours (B6HS) aint listed! Get the hotter plug of the 2 NGK above.
Se Ya Later!

Last edited:
the plug wire does not unscrew like I thought it would, I tried carefully cutting around the sleeve where it enters the cdi and twisting it counterclockwise but it will not unscrew. now I think it is molded into the body and is not made to be replaced. I can see bare wires so I decided to stop before I ruin it, put some tape on it, and put new plug in, she runs good but not perfect, now I have an extra plug wire
Some CDI's coming with kits now have the wire glued into the box.

Aside from the glue the CDI's are the same and the wire can be
removed and changed.
You just need to dig the cable out from around the screw that holds
the plug wire.
You will not ruin the CDI if you are careful and don't cut into the CDI body.

Thanks Bicycle racer why dont you race a real bike?
You know what they say is if it aint broke dont fix it.
And if you want to do a mod get it running first. This is so you make tracing a problem a whole lot easier.
I ride a real racing bike and aint trying to make a big name either. You could'nt handle the xr650r you kill your bicycle racing you know what.
Leave the drama we're trying to get something done.
If you were such a bicycle racer instead a sheep you would have corrected when I told the origonal poster to step up one hotter plug when it was two that was needed. You dont even know that and want to screw around with irrelavent stuff.
Like this is rellavent! I was going faster at the age of 4 on a minibike then your ever going to go on your racing bicycle
Thank bicycle racer

Last edited:
You ought to keep it real and let everyone know how many typerwritting contest youv entered.
Mine as well be.

Some CDI's coming with kits now have the wire glued into the box.

Aside from the glue the CDI's are the same and the wire can be
removed and changed.
You just need to dig the cable out from around the screw that holds
the plug wire.
You will not ruin the CDI if you are careful and don't cut into the CDI body.
Hey Dan, MBR is right. I've had to dig more than one wire out of the CDI, Cussing the Chinese idiot that glued it in the whole time. WHY would they do that? Yeah, Stoopid, but they did. If you mess up the outer plastic flange that the wire screws into, the rubber boot covers it. Just be as carefull as possible.
Big Red.

Thats nothing but fire ball he said she said nonsense. Next thing we'll hear from is how EZ dumptruck crew have before and after DYNO results of how changing the CDI wire gave 30% more power.

Origonal poster I was off on the mix as the motor is sensative and I found you were initially corect to run at 35 to 1 a little rich for longjevity.

Last edited:
I think she's running rich, plug is black, air filter is wet, still sputtering at about 17 mph, this may be 4 stroking?? I moved the retainer clip up one notch which is the top notch, runs smoother but I feel I am sacrificing power to smooth it out. is 25 mph all I should expect out of this thing?

If your not happy with the performance. Get the bottom bowl off the carb off then unscrew the jets and look them over.(You might need a magnifying glass) If theres even a stain or sometimes you find tiny clumps of stuff including sand. Cleam the jets to make them like new, No stains. Screw them back in and dont worry about it.
Above is just a quick fix. Probley lasy 100 to 200 miles.

Its a long shot because your stuff looks new but if you find something in the jets your gona be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back