my Deviate

this is my Deviate
it is finally ready after more than 2 months of planning and waiting
I made a custom motor mount and added another mount for a stingray to mount engine , I needed 5 (FIVE !) rubber spacers to clear rear 3" tire,
I am running a heavy-duty BMX chain for the engine, I got a sturmey-archer front drum brake wheel built, AZVinnie made a custom 12v lighting sytem with modded driving light housing to fit a lower wattage bulb, and I made a battery holder for a UB1250 battery(12v 5ah), custom exhaust made from a chopper pipe and a section added from a bent handlebar (those drum brakes have a LOT of torque !)
122_IMG_0801_1.jpg

Hey Bill, looks good. I totaly agree about the comfort. 50 year old grandpa here.
Question, Arent you a little worried about flexing the rear with all that rubber between the hub and sprocket? :?

Dockspa1 said:
Hey Bill, looks good. I totaly agree about the comfort. 50 year old grandpa here.
Question, Arent you a little worried about flexing the rear with all that rubber between the hub and sprocket? :?

yes, it does flex a bit, and I have to adjust it every few hundred miles :( :eek:
but, until I can find a grubee back hub , I will make do :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back