Break In My motor moves without lulling the throttle

• Thread starter Deleted member 27734
  • Start date
My very best guess is he didn't insert the carb barrel correctly, it was sitting on top of either the aligning peg or the idle screw, both I think he called needles just not referring to the normal needle we all else are thinking.
That's exactly it, thanks. the names ring a bell now, I'd just forgotten. This is my first build and I only used a tutorial video and some basic logic to put it all together.

That's exactly it, thanks. the names ring a bell now, I'd just forgotten. This is my first build and I only used a tutorial video and some basic logic to put it all together.
Then you have the happy time motor all summed up; crappy videos and a half assed attempt at part matching, as long as it runs it's happy time!

That's a small trick that can even fool veteran bike builders, it's too easy to mess up that part when you're dying of heat exhaustion after trying to diagnose the many problems of the ht engine with multiple furious pedaling routines up and down the block untill your heart gives out.

Noticed that my Cns carb can't be installed with the barrel wrong, it sticks out too far and the screws don't meet the carb body.

I'm going to try to get it to run consistently tomorrow, I'll keep you guys posted to let you know if the problems all resolved or if I have more problems.

I've never looked at a video for these, but I'd expect they're pretty lame - the instructions that come with the kits aren't much better, but do show carb assembly.

Be
The throttle in the Flying Horse kit I got is acting super sketchy. It worked decently the first time it ran, but now seemingly has no effect. When I can get the motor to run, I can't get it to stop without flipping the choke on the carburetor. It accelerates automatically, should I just buy a new throttle assembly?

TLDR My motor ran well the first time, but most of the time doesn't start or only runs for a few seconds. When I do get it to run, it accelerates on its own. I only finished building it yesterday morning, and tried to run it yesterday evening and this morning.
Be careful of new throttles I'm not sure your talking same trouble bought one from bikeberty notice the slow response on letting throttle down took to long next day on steep grade full throttle cam to a light stop thing still reving 100,000 RPMs almost blew up had to take it apart carve soft plastic with box cutter razor, be cautious be safe does anything I mention take it apart look for drag.

Back