Need advice

Andres

Local time
2:26 AM
I want to port match my cylinder with the crankcase can anyone send photos for references.

Cut the base gasket to match the ports on the bottom of the cylinder.
Place the gasket on the crankcase, and mark the case with a sharpie.
remove excess material with a metal burr and dremel.
I use saran rape to block shavings from entering the case.
When your done hold engine upside down while removing the plastic wrap, and use a small art brush to remove any excess shavings.
I will let you know that Steve Best notes how individual mods. effect performance, and noticed no improvement form this mod.
I can't say this for a fact, but it may be more beneficial in reed valve engines as the crankcase pressure would not be as effected.

Last edited:
that's right. on low RPM engines the flow just goes around obstructions with no loss.
improve performance with:
higher compression ratio
better ignition system
better carburetor
better porting

no 2 manifactured new products ever match there on these engines less is more you dont want to remove more then is nescesery to decrease resistance at high rpm going to far drops crank case compression and thrust of mix through the ports
i use a gasket sealant i used a black one to see it better using just small amounts on one surface then ascembeling and dissasembeling the 2 pieces left a mark where they join and where is excess
Untitled.jpg
dirty grease or something to leave a mark but black sealant works very very well

just remember less is more and nothing intake side should be polished should have a rough surface to help fuel dissapation or u get fuel stick to shiny surfaces making holes smaller only polish high carbon aerias to reduce deposits exhaust port etc

Back