Need Alot Of Help,

rifka83

Local time
7:28 PM
Hello Im new to MB,
My name is Robert, Im in FL,
I started making a motor bike on a I-Zip electric bike as a donor...
I like the Currier bike line, since there frame is well made.
I got my rear mount kit with a Honda 50cc motor from
http://www.bicycle-engines.com
But I have called them twice and Email'd them a few times, and
The Voice Mails and Emails are to no answers....
*pouts*
I got all the Electric stuff off had to custom a few parts because things Didnt fit as Planed.... I got the pic of the frame on there and Im using the Gear from the Izip Its a one way gear that can let me Idle, ....

My Kit was the Honda GXH-50cc and a SkyHawk Gear set up..
Iam now stuck with really only a few Questions left till I can Bolt the Rest up and Hope to get this MB on the road....

PIC NOTES
The Frame will have bolts on the pic VS zip tie's
(hard to miss the green ties) :)
the Clutch .. When I put that into the Skyhawk am i ment to see the Spring, or does the part were i see the spring go down ?? (I feel its better to ask then Kill my toy..)

My motor only has one nipple on the carb area, as seen on the pic.
I can only assume thats for the gas..

and this Black thing.... This is a fuel diaphragm (if I spelled right)
My buddy was saying my motor is a gravity feed gas... That True?

-Robert
Brandrr@live.com

Attachments

• mount on the bike.jpg
    mount on the bike.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 342
  • clutch.jpeg
    clutch.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 364
  • back thing.jpeg
    back thing.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 378
  • clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 311
  • gas.jpg
    gas.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 295
First...PM Jeremy from BE.com....he's a member here(user name:biketec) & see what he's got to say.Wasn't any instructions/pics included with your kit purchase?

Anyways i'll start: the clutch has the spring on the outside & visible....clutch can also be flipped over for more even wear...it can also be drilled for later engagement;but that's up to u.This info is based on the G2(not G3 like yours) but i can't imagine anything changing.
You carb looks to be a Honda carb with onboard shutoff valve but please supply more detailed pics of the engine/carb setup,preferably from different angles.
Generally if the fuel tank is above carb level it's NOT a diaphram carb(no need for it)
PM Jeremy. :D

Pic courtesy of Irish John:
Clutch%20Holes.jpg

Ok Very NIce,
Thanks fetor56 for getting back to me ASAP...
The Fule tank is not the Honda tank, its just a seprate 2 hose tank,
But my carb only has the once Nipple...

The paper work is such a mess, the Fed-X guy was playing ball with my box or the company just put a old rip'd one in my box.. the back pages had oil on them, it was kinda a GRRR moment,

from what I can see the motor is 100% stock, but the gas tank was removed.. OR never put on..
I just try'ed to call the company again, http://www.bicycle-engines.com
I let them know on the VERY first email, and phone call one part was sent bad, I didnt want a repalcement, I just let them, know.
I was able to compermise and get the motor mount up and nice and tight for the motor.

its sad, even when a person Spends $570.00 I still cant get any help. Besides forum's... That the last Human life line.. But we can even get pics, so in a way its better, .. :D

Last edited:
You can either return the Honda carb that came with the engine for a proper DELUXE non-genuine diaphram carb,or keep that carb & have the tank above carb level with just a single fuel inlet hose(the other hose u cap-off )
2 hose tanks are meant for diaphram carbs with 2 nipples;1 for fuel from tank to carb/1 for excess fuel return to tank)
My personal choice would be to get the DELUXE diaphram carb cos it's more versatile........your decision though.
Good luck & i HOPE someone from BE.com gets back to you.....NOT good enough.

BTW...the reason a stressed DELUXE carb is that i did a test on their standard carb:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=16536

Last edited by a moderator:
fetor, because I think way to much since I just got off work.. My
brain is still Doing 150mph...

The Diapham is only If the CARB has the two nipples... (Right?)
and since My Honda GXH50cc only has one nipple, then I only need the one Fuel Line..
(Right?)
Since I Dont want to put anymore money into this Project, Im going to stay with the Stock Carb on the honda.

If I under stand this Right Ill need to put the Tank on the Top(or above) of the motor. So the fuel is being gravity fed? Right?

-Robert

That's basically how it all works.
If your going to keep the carb you'll need to have the tank above carb level so that fuel can flow freely under gravity to the nipple.You can experiment around with "just how low can i get the tank until fuel stops flowing" if u like.
One thing i don't understand without more pics is has any throttle linkage been setup, cos genuine Honda carbs come without linkage?(u have to make one up yourself)

The kit came with the linkage... *cheers* something looks Right for once...
I Just got up, and trying to run to work... I work a full 14 hr day. so It will be tmaro when I get to try and try to set the rest up...

Thanks for your help, ill let u know first thing..

HEY FETOR, I got the motor Running Kinda set up , Ummm u can say Test set up...
I got the Gas tank on a old chair, with hose Running Down ward... to motor,
Got the kill switch set up... Nothing, So I said *GRRR*,,, I pondered, SUCK!!!!
so I did a little suck on the gas line to (pre feed) so to the gas line to the carb...

on the 2nd pull, the motor came ALOT!!! *did happy dance* , Then played with the gas a little, Tested the motor (check)

Now was all happy USed the kill switch.... .... ..... checked all wires ........
*getting* BIG HAMMER smack smack, .... crunch......

So I need a kill switch that works..... and a chain Cuter/resize'er and Im done...

Im kinda late for work,, but Ill get some pics up after work...

-Robert,
Honda 50cc Izip donor.... Rear mount,
Woot woot..

Whatever height u settle-on with your tank make sure fuel flows FREELY.Yours is a non-diaphram/non-pumping/non-sucking carb(without a primer bulb) so height is important.Good news is the Honda carb is superior to the diaphram u were supposed to receive.
With correct chain length u can either use an angle grinder or do what i do(hammer & nail punch)...OR buy a proper chain-breaker.
Isn't the kill switch on the throttle?....if not seperate kill switches are readily available...use a simple on/off toggle switch....use this:
spx_file001.jpg
http://bikemotorparts.com/parts.html

Anyway keep at it,good luck.........looking foreward to those pics. :D

PICS PICS!!!!!!!!! after i saw the pic from my computer,
I noticed the battery the battery is not hooked up to anything,

I use that for Wire testing for LED's, to a solar panel..
My car got lots of Lights.. :)

This is the pic of my gas tank mod and The Temp Set up.

I know one to use a kill switch 1 wire = power and other wire = grd..
were do i ground on this motor or do i ground to bike frame..??

Attachments

• GetAttachment[1].jpg
    GetAttachment[1].jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 285
  • Honda temp set up.jpg
    Honda temp set up.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Back