Need handlebar help

artmaker

Local time
2:22 AM
HI everyone,
So... I bought a zeda bike frame, last year, just now starting to assemble it all.
This thing...
zeda frame

Anyway, I HATE the straight handlebar it comes with. I do not want to ride long distances hunched over. Did that for many years on my old 12 speed.
So... been shopping for a replacement. I really like the taller style BMX bars with that straight bar going across. I add a lot of crap to my bikes, that extra bar will come in handy.
OR a nice cruiser style will do. Anything that brings the hand grips closer to me so I can sit back more.

Problem is, the handlebar it comes with measures an inch and a quarter THICK where it attaches to the stem. And most listings don't even mention thickness, the few I did find all say some 22mm. Seems that's a standard.

So... anyone have any links to somewhere I can find THICK handlebars?
OR... what if I replaced the stem? (And that is one part I have never messed with. Not at all sure if that is part of the whole fork or not. PLEASE tell me it's not.)

BTW... single stem mount. I realize some BMX styles use two points to attach. Don't want that. Unless there is some form of adapter that fits what I have, then sure.

If i remember, you can get This Stem and you said a cruiser style bar so i just randomly picked one Here

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Ok, at least this gives me a direction... I looked at mine again, seems the gadget the handle bar clamps onto is actually clamped onto a stem in the bike. So back out there to remove that and measure my stem. Seeing light at the end of the tunnel here, thanks. This helps.

My stem is 30mm thick.

Last edited:
Ok, at least this gives me a direction... I looked at mine again, seems the gadget the handle bar clamps onto is actually clamped onto a stem in the bike. So back out there to remove that and measure my stem. Seeing light at the end of the tunnel here, thanks. This helps.

My stem is 30mm thick.

Its been awhile but This is the one i had and i'm pretty sure that is the stem i used, cause i put These Handle Bars on it

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
My stem, (hoping that is the right term) is 30mm.
That second listing looks promising but.... "DEALPEAK 31.8mm/28.6mm"
So isn't that too big for the stem of 30mm?

I was just showing you what the parts you're looking for should look like. You'll have to go on Amazon or Ebay or whatever your poison and find the right bits.

Yup, gotta contact sellers and ask about sizes. At least I have a clue how the "bits" go together.
I'll make it work. Got my new motor installed, now have to wait, don't really want to tighten up the wheels without the anti thorn strip, ordered.
Then the stearing... hopefully soon.

I will post updates.

Almost forgot, gonna probably need new cables too. Depending on the new handlebars I find, they will be longer.
Grrrrr. one more thing. Always another thing with these bikes huh?

Yup, gotta contact sellers and ask about sizes. At least I have a clue how the "bits" go together.
I'll make it work. Got my new motor installed, now have to wait, don't really want to tighten up the wheels without the anti thorn strip, ordered.
Then the stearing... hopefully soon.

I will post updates.

Almost forgot, gonna probably need new cables too. Depending on the new handlebars I find, they will be longer.
Grrrrr. one more thing. Always another thing with these bikes huh?

when it comes to brakes.
I always buy tandem bike brake cables, cause they usually cost the same price and sometimes you can get a bundle cheaper, I KNOW I KNOW super long compared to a normal bike but with the SUPER LENGTH you can cut it down to what you want with a little extra for later on :p

these Here are the last ones i bought, i got like 8 of them in a draw lol work quite well.

again super long but great for cutting down to your size.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
when it comes to brakes.
I always buy tandem bike brake cables, cause they usually cost the same price and sometimes you can get a bundle cheaper, I KNOW I KNOW super long compared to a normal bike but with the SUPER LENGTH you can cut it down to what you want with a little extra for later on :p

these Here are the last ones i bought, i got like 8 of them in a draw lol work quite well.

again super long but great for cutting down to your size.
COOL, got that listing saved.
Do those work as throttle cables too? Might need that as well.
Then.... all these extra parts I'll have can go up on ebay. Stuff I don't need... gas tank, the whole rear wheel gear thing, bike came with one. Etc. Try to recoop some of my investment here.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back