New engine

Bozeman55

Local time
6:00 AM
Hey all, I've got a few things that are going on with my engine, hope you all could bring some clarity to this.

Just built the bike, have about 50 miles on it. The power is super underwhelming, but they say in the manual that after the break in period, the engine will get a significant power boost. How accurate is this from your experiences?

Something weird also happens when i forget to turn on the gas. Just before all the gas in the line is used up, the thing lurches forward like crazy. Do I have a bad gas/ air ratio? Does the same thing when I start it, slowly loses power as I keep riding. It won't rev up all the way (not even close) unless it's just been started. Am I running too much oil or is my carb tuned poorly? Currently running 20:1 for break-in.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Hey all, I've got a few things that are going on with my engine, hope you all could bring some clarity to this.

Just built the bike, have about 50 miles on it. The power is super underwhelming, but they say in the manual that after the break-in period, the engine will get a significant power boost. How accurate is this from your experiences?

Something weird also happens when I forget to turn on the gas. Just before all the gas in the line is used up, the thing lurches forward like crazy. Do I have a bad gas/ air ratio? It does the same thing when I start it, slowly loses power as I keep riding. It won't rev up all the way (not even close) unless it's just been started. Am I running too much oil or is my carb tuned poorly? Currently running 20:1 for break-in.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, guys
well, there not tuned for power, (the 80/66cc ones only achieve like 1hp stock)
after break in there is a power boost, but it's not much.
I would run 32:1 after break-in, and if you want a bit more power, shave the head ever so slightly (my buddy motor is shaved the head 10 thousandths, made all the difference) but haw are you breaking in the engine (you should be varying the throttle, thats the best way imho)

and, if you close the gas valve your starving it for fuel (aka running it leaner)
and thats why you get the power boost.

Try moving the needle clip to the top notch, usually makes it smoother @midrange rpm. If it's the stock NT carb, they are jetted too rich from the factory #70.

Try moving the needle clip to the top notch, usually makes it smoother @midrange rpm. If it's the stock NT carb, they are jetted too rich from the factory #70.
Awesome, I'll try that out later tonight and let you know what happens. Thanks for the suggestion!

Back