New guy from Michigan

B

Barny Rubbish

Hello All
Just joined up because I am looking to purchase either a motor or a bike with a motor installed already.
If you folks have any suggestions please feel free to contact me anytime.
The bike will be used for traveling 38 miles one way to work and back.
Thanks for the look
Barny

Hey Barny.

I've ridden a couple of 50 mile round trips and one 100 mile day, no problem.

I would suggest that you get a dax kit and ride it around, and get used to it before you try setting out on 70+ mile trips.

Maximize your bikes reliability and you should have no problem.

I believe one seller of engines and already built bikes is in michigan
maybe you are close enough to save shipping 8)
click the ebay search at top of this page and look at various sellers,
then, if you have questinos...ask away :)

Welcome Barny Rubbish to MB! for long trips I would sugest to you to look into a recumbent trike more comfort and stablity and they look cool with snow tires

Welcome, from a newbie to this site who's also a Michigander.

The guy who sells engine kits on Ebay from Michigan is in Richland (SE of Grand Rapids, NE of Kalamazoo).

The listing says "no local pickup". It looks like a fair portion of his profit (maybe all of it) some from "shipping and handling".

He gets $130 for the kit and $100 shipping.

I sent him an email today to see if there's a price at which a local pickup could work. We'll see. If I get one from him and it works well I'll probably need 2 more, for my wife and mother in law.

Have Fun.

Welcome to the forum. I will be creating a comprehensive guide on how to make one from a "chinese super happy time brand" motor here shortly :)

It will include videos and such of putting it together.

ahsprite said:
The guy who sells engine kits on Ebay from Michigan is in Richland (SE of Grand Rapids, NE of Kalamazoo).

The listing says "no local pickup". It looks like a fair portion of his profit (maybe all of it) some from "shipping and handling".

He gets $130 for the kit and $100 shipping.

I sent him an email today to see if there's a price at which a local pickup could work. We'll see. If I get one from him and it works well I'll probably need 2 more, for my wife and mother in law.

Have Fun.
Richland is only about 10 miles from my house and I tried to pick up an engine from that guy. He said absolutely not. I even offered to split the shipping cost with him and pick it up. He didn't even answer that email.

Good luck.

Back