New here, Full of questions!

Coroli

Local time
2:38 AM
Hello, my name is Marlon and its a pleasure to be here with you guys!

Well, since the covid started, my money has been dropping, and i decided to buy a motorized bike, and make some deliveries to Uber eats (a chinese kit, and i think the term is "china girl").

Well, the kit came Full of problems (i think its normal by what i've been seeing here and there, and i started to learn mechanics, to use It better and make some money in the process..

Now, i've damaged the exaust studs (lots of Tork, and bought another kit...

Now, the questions!

1 - Here in Brazil we only have the chinese kits, and beber thought that internationally the motorized bike was a "thing". There are brands that sell better kits?

2 - Here in Brazil (again) se only have two YouTube references in motorized bikes, so i cant learn much more than i already know. Can you show me some channels, books, forums, and such, that show those things?

3 - Before exploding my studs, there were a mass pressure, gas, and hot oil leakage (not enough torque in studs, and maybe a defective Head Seal, and a carburetor float that came with a hole) so, i bought a "gasket maker" (loctite 598) and solved my problems for a short while. What are the reasons behind these Head leakages? Can i chnage the aluminum Head gaskets for a loctite one, can i put some loctite IN the aluminum, can i make a gasket with a gasket paper, and pulverize some copper gasket spray (is it good? Never saw It, nor know How to use!). What is the recommended torque in the four Head studs? Why should i trade those acorn nuts, for normal ones (saw some people saying that here)

4 - Have you guys used any "thread repair kit" in these motors? Does It work THAT well? How can i discover my thread size? saw lots of people saying that their threads are m6, but Mine seem to be a m8 (First time knowing these terms)

5 - Any of you used a dínamo that uses the motor Power, to charge a battery? I Just want to mount some lights in the bike, so i could charge them by day, and use by night.

6 - Are those aluminum bike frames, that come with a gas tank installed any good? Any bad experiences?

7 - First time post in ANY forum for my entire life, please, be kind hahahahah

8 - Thank you guys, i am waiting anxiously for your answers, because im in a bad situation here! Take care yall, and no covid for anyone!

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_181058.jpg
    IMG_20200421_181058.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_20200421_181044.jpg
    IMG_20200421_181044.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 233
Hello, my name is Marlon and its a pleasure to be here with you guys!

Well, since the covid started, my money has been dropping, and i decided to buy a motorized bike, and make some deliveries to Uber eats (a chinese kit, and i think the term is "china girl").

Well, the kit came Full of problems (i think its normal by what i've been seeing here and there, and i started to learn mechanics, to use It better and make some money in the process..

Now, i've damaged the exaust studs (lots of Tork, and bought another kit...

Now, the questions!

1 - Here in Brazil we only have the chinese kits, and beber thought that internationally the motorized bike was a "thing". There are brands that sell better kits?

2 - Here in Brazil (again) se only have two YouTube references in motorized bikes, so i cant learn much more than i already know. Can you show me some channels, books, forums, and such, that show those things?

3 - Before exploding my studs, there were a mass pressure, gas, and hot oil leakage (not enough torque in studs, and maybe a defective Head Seal, and a carburetor float that came with a hole) so, i bought a "gasket maker" (loctite 598) and solved my problems for a short while. What are the reasons behind these Head leakages? Can i chnage the aluminum Head gaskets for a loctite one, can i put some loctite IN the aluminum, can i make a gasket with a gasket paper, and pulverize some copper gasket spray (is it good? Never saw It, nor know How to use!). What is the recommended torque in the four Head studs? Why should i trade those acorn nuts, for normal ones (saw some people saying that here)

4 - Have you guys used any "thread repair kit" in these motors? Does It work THAT well? How can i discover my thread size? saw lots of people saying that their threads are m6, but Mine seem to be a m8 (First time knowing these terms)

5 - Any of you used a dínamo that uses the motor Power, to charge a battery? I Just want to mount some lights in the bike, so i could charge them by day, and use by night.

6 - Are those aluminum bike frames, that come with a gas tank installed any good? Any bad experiences?

7 - First time post in ANY forum for my entire life, please, be kind hahahahah

8 - Thank you guys, i am waiting anxiously for your answers, because im in a bad situation here! Take care yall, and no covid for anyone!
welcome to the forum my friend!

first off, most chinese kits are m6 thread (m6-1.0 to be exact)
some are m8 but that VERY rare (usually reserved for higher end kits) to fix a stripped out stud id use a 1/4-20 bolt. as they basicaly make new threads. and are much stronger (get at-least a grade 5 bolt, if you can find it a grade 8 is much better)

these engines leak becuase of really s**tty seals. id suggest using some gasket paper and some high temp gasket maker to make a much better gasket.

id locktite everything on the bike (use blue loctite, never red)

ive never personally used a dynamo light, but if your magneto is a 3 wire, you can hook up a light that way using a white wire, and it will turn on when the motor is running.

id stick to what you got, those frames are nice but you dont really need them. the ride is also harsher than a steel framed one.

torque specs for the head are around 10/foot lbs, not 5lbs like bike berry says.

trade those nuts as they tend to not be long enough and destory the head studs.

heres a nice read, lots of valuable info
http://www.amrca.com/tech/tuners.pdf
and a basic how to maintain the bike

hope this helps!

Thanks for ALL the info, in EATING through tutorials here and there, cause um in love with motor bikes! Any sugestions ir warnings?

Thanks for ALL the info, in EATING through tutorials here and there, cause um in love with motor bikes! Any sugestions ir warnings?
locktite everything, becuase everything will vibrate off the bike.
and have fun with it! thats the best suggestion i can give you.

A Warning - If your front fender only has one fender brace It might kill you. They fender bracket is known to break and the fender wraps around the front wheel causing the front wheel to lock up and sending the rider flying over the handle bars to break their neck.
Either remove the front fender or add a second fender brace. also change the fender bracket to a stronger bracket. Safety First

A Warning - If your front fender only has one fender brace It might kill you. They fender bracket is known to break and the fender wraps around the front wheel causing the front wheel to lock up and sending the rider flying over the handle bars to break their neck.
completly forgot about that,PLEASE reinforce it.
it happened to me personally, really scary when the bike almost does a front flip on you lol

just get some L brackets from a hardwere store, about 2$ a piece, then just cut them to size.

Attachments

• 20190917_154916.jpg
    20190917_154916.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 20190917_172224 (1).jpg
    20190917_172224 (1).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 226
completly forgot about that,PLEASE reinforce it.
it happened to me personally, really scary when the bike almost does a front flip on you lol

just get some L brackets from a hardwere store, about 2$ a piece, then just cut them to size.
Are you still using the original clutch on the 4 stroke bike? Mine wore out quick.

Back