Newest Phantom 85 Information

Has anyone tried the regular 40:1 in the P85s? I’d assume it’s a chainsaw cylinder it should handle it lol

Has anyone tried the regular 40:1 in the P85s? I’d assume it’s a chainsaw cylinder it should handle it lol
One thing that has NOT changed is the P85 MUST be broken in at 20:1 for the first 300 miles and then 25:1 thereafter.

If you live in very hot climates like the deserts of NM like I do, or are always riding at demanding speeds/conditions etc, P85 manufacturer states that you should stay at 20:1...You CANNOT chintz on the oil amounts with these beasts.

Ps...A chainsaw is NOT carrying heavy weights or going up hills etc, always under extrmeme loads.

Don't do it trust me you want the 20to1 this thing is picky as all living hell skimping on oil is a no no and besides it's proven more oil is more power less friction less heat more power for longer 40 to 1 will not make you faster at all it's all about the octane level if you want power in that kinda way

I will eventually give 40:1 a go, but I also enjoy experimenting. I have no doubt the phantom top end can handle it. Unlike other engines though, the Phantom is VERY efficient with its burn and even at higher ratios like 20:1 it burns very clean with little to no smoke or oil dripping from the exhaust

Back