Now I'm really worried HELP! 1/7/7 UPDATE!

Glad to hear you are getting back on track

Ya, hate to see a man strugle like that and not help, but I am not touching this one because I am not feeling like I am qualified enough with these type of engine set ups. I feel your pain though.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! alllllllllllllllllrighttttttttttttttttttttt

finaly
Cookie

I'm so happy!

I rode to work today even though it was raining hard. I put lights and a side view mirror on the bike last night. HAving such a fun commute makes work a whole lot better.

for real? you're back on the road? way cool, 'sideswipe!! 8)

(i'm still looking for the technical details behind your lil mis-adventure & the strange solution. can anyone clue us in, i wonder?)

alll right !!!! it is going.......maybe it was a little gunk on the wal that locked up the cylnder???

Cookie

I don't know what's causing it, but it is still behaving very strangely. When I go to start the bike, the first attempt will lock the back wheel completely - I then recover, get back up to about 3 or 4 miles an hour and pop the clutch and the second time she starts humming.

It's bizarre and it's almost every other time, sometimes 2 out of three tries end in failure with the back wheel locked up, but then it goes and it's great. I'm stumped - anyone else have this happen?

Are you running the big chain or a smaller BMX type? I had one engine that the large chain dragged on. I couldn't get it to track right over the drive sprocket. Is there any signs of wear in the drive sprocket area when you pull that cover off?

i had that kind of problem with bmx chain. i put on the big chain and she's catching smoothly every time :D

Try pedaling a bit faster before you pop the clutch. Also I have found that if you do your initial start with the choke on, it should start a little easier...Kelly

Back