Now I'm really worried HELP! 1/7/7 UPDATE!

thanks I'll try ANYTHING at this point - I'm really going mad everytime I try to work on this thing.

this is going to sound weird I know you have changed th plug and cleanded the magnito but when you took the plate off the clutch and where checking all that did you happen to notic if the ball bearing was still in there or has it fallen out you may have to take a flash light to look inside to see it or tale a pencil and feel around in there to see if it is there (I lost that damn thing on one of the prototyps and it acted up like yours is doing )

cookie

make sure one of the wires arnt grounded. or if you have a kill switch and the button is stuck in that happend to me once and took me an hour to figure out what was wrong.

The first thing he said in his original post was new plug!! Bet the reach is too long and it is hitting the piston crown.

IE. Plug out motor goes round good spark etc. etc. plug in engine locks up!!!

hiya skaryfast, welcome to the forums :) (please pm tom with your engine type, he'll add it to the list)

pretty good observation there, but...he also said it was running, then it stopped "mid-hill", so...any other thoughts? it's clear we need some fresh input on this one.

sideshowsideswipe, we haven't heard anything in a while, and we all want to help, how's it going?

Thinking if thats the case there are 2 issues. One stoped him mid hill without lockup. Then when plug was changed and lockup started. Note the motor turns over fine with no plug in and clutch is solid enough to pull him to a dead stop when he engages it with the plug in. IE the clutch is working fine. B.T.W. My motor is a modified 70cc Zbox on a Mongoose MTB frame with nos!! Built it when I lost my drivers licence for doing 230 in a 100 zone But I still gotta go fast SKARYFAST!!! :devilish:

you & i are on the same page, note i was trying to get a step-by-step started so we could deduce if we had 2 separate probs, as u say.

Back