Now I'm really worried HELP! 1/7/7 UPDATE!

I wish I had good news, but I keep trying to adjust the clutch along with various other tips from the board and nothing is changing. I don't feel confident enough to really take apart the clutch but next step is to see if something is busted in there.

I may waste this saturday taking it to a lawnmower repair shop. Problem is I would have to strap the bike to the back of my wifes car and I don't think that would be safe. I'm going to email thatsdax and see if he has any options for me such as servicing the engine for me for a fee or something...

My final option would be to see if anyone has a spare engine laying around that I could buy for cheapish?

worse comes to worst, you can take just the engine, carb, exhaust, cdi...a decent shop would be able to work with that 8)

ok like I mentioned before my clutch pads are black - doesn this mean they are caked with oil and this is why the clutch is slipping? do I order the clutch pad kit from kings?

disk.gif

pic of the Kings replacement clutch pad kit.

lmk guys I think that may be my next move instead...

Just spoke with someone at kings motors and he suggested I take the head off and push/pull the piston up and down. apparently he has had the problem ONCE before out of 10,000 + engines and that is what fixed it. I'll need a socket wrench but I'll try it tomorrow.

i'm paying real close attention to this topic. i haven't cracked my case, i won't til i need to, so i haven't seen my clutch parts first-hand yet.

interesting about pushing the piston up & down fixing the problem...please let us know about that one.

Ok I got a ratcheting sprocket wrench and took the head off the engine. I pushed the piston up and down, walked around a bit with the bike going chug chug chug and then put it all back together.

IT STARTED. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I rode around for a few miles thanking humanity for global warming and then I stalled and the damn thing is locked up again.

So tomorrow morning before work I'll take the head off again and do the piston pushing thing again and see if it works for me.

:LOL: so HAPPY WOOOOOO!

progress, whew. this topic was driving me nuts. were you given any details as to what & why? got any pics?

hey, if you aren't already, i'd suggest getting on a break-in (20:1) premix to keep things well-lubed...am i right or wrong about that :?

how much oil are u using. u might have way to much. another thing that could be happening is your valve on your gas tank might be cloged up so gas just runs out after you use all of it in the line. what do u mean it locked up?

OK I just realized that after the inital ride I forgot to put the locking screw on the clutch cover- that's why it conked out again (as far as I can tell)

I opened it up again pushed on the piston again (couldn't wait until tomorrow) now with the clutch cover screw back on and the clutch adjusted properly we're back in business. I'll update everybody with my ride to and from work tomorrow.

Back