oog want old bike, but me no find

I"ll have to wait on that one, one of my friends here in town wants a motorized bike and he has some bikes to trade so I'll see what he has first then I'll let you know.

militarymonark said:
your looking at 40's 43-48 the rack is incorrect I believe. The tank and front light are very hard to come by so I think you got a good buy I have some strut bars for the front possibly. The chain ring doesn't look right either

sorry but I just got back from a friends that deals in vintage bikes and the bike is 1939 and the rack is OEM 8)

i deal with vintage bikes also and i've never seen a shelby with that type of rack come OEM. The bikes that shelby made in the 30's to the early 40's should have curved fender braces that bike does not. That light didn't come out till late 40's as seen on other bikes such as a shelby 52a. The chainring should look like the picture below. The rack should look something like this
shelbyrack.jpg

1940sShelbyFlyer1.jpg

Headlamp

Hi i do a bunch with vintage bikes, certainly no expert, but I can tall you that 2 of my Monarks have the "Freight Train" headlamps. I do have a Shelby with the ring milatart shows, and some of my Clevelands and Monarks have had that style chainring that's on Loco's bike. I wouldn't ssay right or wrong, but can say Ib've seen the pieces on pretty orig/orig paint bikes that i have, Mike

Back