Opinions on aftermarket cdi and magnetos

Yes so far I like them but I got mine when dlh performance came out with them they were like 29.99. Now they got them back in there high like grubbe . I would recommend them grubbe or dlh performance. I really like them alot. https://dlh-performance.myshopify.com/products/powerstorm-ignition-system
From the same store and on sale, this is cool.

From the same store and on sale, this is cool.
I had a few of these heads back in like 2016. They're decent but very high compression.
There are quite a few styles floating around

Does the compression make it hard to start?
It can make it harder to pedal start because you're going to be fighting against that compression yes. As for harder to get running, no if you don't have any problems with the motor it will still run the same

Make sure you double check your piston is not hitting the head after changing and torquing it before starting. Some of these have a much smaller squish gap the piston can hit the heads

It can make it harder to pedal start because you're going to be fighting against that compression yes. As for harder to get running, no if you don't have any problems with the motor it will still run the same

Make sure you double check your piston is not hitting the head after changing and torquing it before starting. Some of these have such a smaller squish gap the piston can hit the heads
I have a high compression head that I plan on putting on the green demon once I get it broke in a bit

What are you guys opinions on these kits? Has anyone used these or tested them in any capacity? I don't care for the stock magneto mainly. I plan on keeping my cdi since the phantom kit is supposedly "upgraded"

I specifically plan on buying and making sure they work but maybe only keeping as backups. Most of the magnetos I've seen online are sketchy. And ordering in the past it's been 60% chance they are DOA.

Go with a catnip. I have never had one die, ever.

My supplier. Like I said, every single one I have ever bought, is still going strong. They work with stock magneto. Will power a high compression chamber. I have cranked up the psi so high I blow head gaskets. The catnip fired every time. It hold up too kill switch cooling on a down hill. Gas will take a lot of heat away while not firing the cylinder. A tactic I use to keep my engines cool in summer going up all these wanna be mountains. Plains my buttocks.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Go with a catnip. I have never had one die, ever.

My supplier. Like I said, every single one I have ever bought, is still going strong. They work with stock magneto. Will power a high compression chamber. I have cranked up the psi so high I blow head gaskets. The catnip fired every time. It hold up too kill switch cooling on a down hill. Gas will take a lot of heat away while not firing the cylinder. A tactic I use to keep my engines cool in summer going up all these wanna be mountains. Plains my buttocks.
I've bout a catnip awhile back, it's great, except my engine has ran near 290 since. I've gotten a oko 19 and I still can't keep the heat down after months of tuning, I get it right but temp is always high. Bout to put my ol one cdi back on what to do?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've bout a catnip awhile back, it's great, except my engine has ran near 290 since. I've gotten a oko 19 and I still can't keep the heat down after months of tuning, I get it right but temp is always high. Bout to put my ol one cdi back on what to do?
I run around 350 and no problems. I also run rocket fuel, using a catnip with adjusted magneto timing. 290 is fine for your temp, just fine. The extra heat, more fuel burning, more power being made. More power, more heat, it's the nature of the beast. On a hard run I can top 400 for a few mins. A little high, yeah, but she does just fine. The rocket fuel tends to eat aluminum, and rubber gaskets, my engines last a year running solely rocket fuel mix. i have bikes I have ran the catnip on since building, using an nt or speed or bofeng, catnip keeps going.

As long as it's not 390.

I run around 350 and no problems. I also run rocket fuel, using a catnip with adjusted magneto timing. 290 is fine for your temp, just fine. The extra heat, more fuel burning, more power being made. More power, more heat, it's the nature of the beast. On a hard run I can top 400 for a few mins. A little high, yeah, but she does just fine. The rocket fuel tends to eat aluminum, and rubber gaskets, my engines last a year running solely rocket fuel mix. i have bikes I have ran the catnip on since building, using an nt or speed or bofeng, catnip keeps going.
Great, and thanks. So I guess them times I had this 19mm oko carb tuned running great but what I thought was hot and wasn't and i tried to make it running cooler was a f up. I thought 300 was max temp or 350 was going into soft seize or something.

Back