Opinions on aftermarket cdi and magnetos

Great, and thanks. So I guess them times I had this 19mm oko carb tuned running great but what I thought was hot and wasn't and i tried to make it running cooler was a f up. I thought 300 was max temp or 350 was going into soft seize or something.
Run extra oil. Shouldn't have any problems. You do want a little four stroking in these engines. It's part of how they operate.

I'm at 27.1 right now.
You should be alright at that level with normal riding. If you decide to beat your bikes like I do, I recommend 20-24:1 of any oil. More oil is always better up to around 20:1, 16:1 gives most power, but wastes a lot of oil if you ain't flogging her. 20:1 is where I stop out at, barely any smoke when tuned in correctly and at operating temp. It will however spooge more, and foul the plug if you idle for long periods or ride lightly. These engines like to be rev'd up, so you shouldn't have any problems. Just remember to rejet when changing oil ratios. To make up for the gas it will be displacing. Last thing you want to do on a 2 stroke is run it lean.

I'm at 27.1 right now.
A lower compression engine ( IE 6-9lbs ) is better on a two stroke. The area you want to work on is the pipe. The pipe is what makes a 2 smoker, a smoker. Smoking the competion. The lower static compression is better on the engine. While the pipe jacks up the dynamic compression when the engine spools up. Get a good cr-50 pipe, the 80's 2 stroke kind.

A lower compression engine ( IE 6-9lbs ) is better on a two stroke. The area you want to work on is the pipe. The pipe is what makes a 2 smoker, a smoker. Smoking the competion. The lower static compression is better on the engine. While the pipe jacks up the dynamic compression when the engine spools up. Get a good cr-50 pipe, the 80's 2 stroke kind.
Thank you for the info. Maybe on my next day off I can get this engine tuned right and done with. .my other hobby of growing my medical has been put on hold for to long.

Temp wise I got running 230 on the idle1/8th throttle, 250 265 on 1/4 to 1/2 and 285 290 on 3/4 , the very top end still 4 strokes or sputters, not for sure witch. A bd it seemed to load up at midrange cruiseing.

I did take the time to measure all my needles at 5 different places along the length, and the Dia, and taper length also. Just doing that gave me more insight to it all.

So about compression. And squish. This head bad or is it usable
20230401_191047.jpg

Back