Opinions on aftermarket cdi and magnetos

Pics on the net are deceiving, drop a piston in there and see if it parallels the squish band.
Oh it's nowhere close except the very edge like 2mm or so . It's at 1.0 squish there but the rest is just part of the centrrchambrr. if I measured the volume correctly it was 10cc. I thought might be able to be used, but I don't think so.

Oh it's nowhere close except the very edge like 2mm or so . It's at 1.0 squish there but the rest is just part of the centrrchambrr. if I measured the volume correctly it was 10cc.
Yea, you might want to find a better one. By the time you got that one shaped to be correct, there would be much left. But, I'd try grinding it down anyway and reshape the squish to a piston. just because it would be like 4cc when done, if it had that much meat on the bone.

Yea, you might want to find a better one. By the time you got that one shaped to be correct, there would be much left. But, I'd try grinding it down anyway and reshape the squish to a piston. just because it would be like 4cc when done, if it had that much meat on the bone.
I've had a better one for awhile., but I liked the looks of it, to bad it wouldn't work., But on a side note I ordered me the phantom 85 for a second bike, that I haven't got yet.lol I was thinking of a dynacraft cruiser bike called the Harry Potter. Omg right but it's a good 10inchs longer than the Cranbrook I have now. Just a thought without the fenders and stickers and all.

Temp wise I got running 230 on the idle1/8th throttle, 250 265 on 1/4 to 1/2 and 285 290 on 3/4 , the very top end still 4 strokes or sputters, not for sure witch. A bd it seemed to load up at midrange cruiseing.
go up a hill, if that sputter disappears, you got it tuned good. You want that sputter at the end of the spool up.

go up a hill, if that sputter disappears, you got it tuned good. You want that sputter at the end of the spool up.
Sputter at the end of spool up. Makes since,, its not a drag bike your gonna tear down after each ride. It might blow up like the 462 olds engine i had. Dont need one of those replays.

Sputter at the end of spool up. Makes since,, its not a drag bike your gonna tear down after each ride. It might blow up like the 462 olds engine i had. Dont need one of those replays.
Some of the guys here tear them down every year for fun. I still have my second engine ever bought for these bikes. It is still going strong after a decade. Inside looks good, very little wear.

You should be alright at that level with normal riding. If you decide to beat your bikes like I do, I recommend 20-24:1 of any oil. More oil is always better up to around 20:1, 16:1 gives most power, but wastes a lot of oil if you ain't flogging her. 20:1 is where I stop out at, barely any smoke when tuned in correctly and at operating temp. It will however spooge more, and foul the plug if you idle for long periods or ride lightly. These engines like to be rev'd up, so you shouldn't have any problems. Just remember to rejet when changing oil ratios. To make up for the gas it will be displacing. Last thing you want to do on a 2 stroke is run it lean.
Do you have a minarelli build or something? That’s a lot of oil. I run 40:1 on a stock motor. I’ve done so for the last 8 years. A lot of people say it needs more but I disagree. I have motors with over 3500 miles and counting. When I run my minarelli builds with some port work I go to 32:1. The only reason I use 32:1 on that is because it’s turning 14-15000 rpm.

Do you have a minarelli build or something? That’s a lot of oil. I run 40:1 on a stock motor. I’ve done so for the last 8 years. A lot of people say it needs more but I disagree. I have motors with over 3500 miles and counting. When I run my minarelli builds with some port work I go to 32:1. The only reason I use 32:1 on that is because it’s turning 14-15000 rpm.
You're talking about a guy who runs nitropropane mixed with oil for his fueling purposes...lol...lol.

He needs lots of oil...lol.

Back