Pacemaker Re-structuring

wnkzz 002.JPG

I recently picked up what I believe is a 1999-2000 :whistle: Whizzer "Pacemaker" . It runs good and is in fairly good condition :D, although I recently blew a rear tire :sick: and now replaced the tube. With that said my goal is to re-do this bike to look like an "old school" 1950's Whizzer by:

1. Removing all the turn signals
2. Painting it "Old School" colors...seemed like Red / Cream was big in the 50's
3. Replacing the rear taillight with an "Old School" looking one.

Other than that she would or could be confused (no experts) as a 1950's model.

Now, the one question I have and what I would like to do is somehow remove the pedals, put on pegs and put a "Kick start" on the existing motor; sort of make her look like the 1950's "Ambassador" or "Sportsman". So the question is:

Can - is there a "Kick Start" kit or if I track down the "Kick Start" mechanism, is it installable on the newer Whizzer enging?

Opinions, response, consideration appreciated.

Thanks.

Great advice Lee and I love after all the instructional "what to do"....you then say after all that frustration...go buy the "automatic clutch"...LOL.

I think I am going to do some simple things as you suggested until the season comes to an end. I don't want to tear her apart while I still have some good "running to the corner" weather. She's a blast to drive (ride) and is fun.

Winter project: I'm going to tear her down and do the things I noted on the "wish list".

My goal is to slowly (swap meets - auctions - garage sales) start tracking down old "original" Whizzer parts and potential bike donors. The old stuff just seems to be the way to go.

I know you can find them on some web sites, but most are asking for "top dollar"......probably what they are worth but I am and always been the "great find" type buyer...never in a hurry....watch - look for and something usually pops up.

Again, thanks for the tips, I'll give them a try and let you know.

Take care.

P.S. Got an old "step through" Cushman a fellow car guy has sitting in his garage....I've been after it for years, he doesn't want to sale it but started to consider it last time I was down there.....I'll wait.

motonut, dont be afraid to visit the other site.....because Quenton is banned doesnt make it bad....just means he's banned and really his buddies are still there pushing his parts.
apparently he's trying to insult someone on line 1 referring to a belt use he didnt agree with....oh well, I'm sure whoever it is isn't listening. Anyone handy with bikes or tools could adjust a belt properly,just take your time... His reference on line 8 to total frustration is a sales pitch, what he wants is a fella to send him a whizzer clutch and he charges to "upgrade" it...better yet buy it from him! Properly seviced they work fine, keep the oneway greased with a quality grease and make sure the shoes are seating and I doubt you'ld wear one out. The install on the engine swing arm could use attention on most bikes, alot of times they're just smashed down tight...that'll crush the sleeve inside. They woulda been better off just shimming that clutch to fit and thats easy to do. Dont waste money upgrading something he himself is calling junk,save your money. If it were why try and fix it when you could replace with it or another type.
Dont think I dont like "Q" , I know some people need help and he tries. It's the arrogance and sneaky sales pitches he puts on here and "That" more than likely is the answer to his Ban.

Racie35: Appreciate the "Be Aware", but I'm 63 years old, been buying, selling, fixing, driving, breaking, modifying and what ever else you can do with anything with a motor since I was 10 or 12....so I know a "sales pitch" and an "honest opinion" when I see one. Quenton in my opinion is simply an individual who, through years of playing with, has some knowledge on the Whizzer and has some products that he likes better than others...no biggy. I like asking questions to groups like this before I "dive into something", not that I am completely lost...simply like to know how others addressed the problems and some pitfalls I may encounter. You know it's like repairing a watch.....we (backyard mechanics) all can work on cars, motors etc., we all have mechanical abilities...so you would think a watch (springs, gears etc.) would be easy to work on, until you pop off the back, take out a few screws...and everything flies all over the place. I'm using this analogy simply to explain why it's beneficial to "ask" others. Thanks for your comments.

Back