Performance Carb Upgrade

I will let you all know how i make out with the real dellorto PHBG 18mm carb.

I have run it but the stock setup in the carb isn't the best for our motors.

Fortunatly i now have about $200 worth of jets, needles, slides, pilot jets ect....

It will take some time but i am positive i have a winning combination here.

From my first test with the stock tuning i have seen big improvements during the progression where the mix was right.

Now i have everything needed to get it pinned down to perfection.

I will be starting this weekend.

HT Speed Carb

Has anyone tried the new HT carbs with SPEED marked on them?

They also have a red air cleaner.

I'm running the HT Speed Carb on a 66 Slant Head Skyhawk.Seems to be a decent carb.I'm fairly new at this so I might not know all the correct terms to use.Pulls great at take off from standing start,with unbelievable accelaration.Gets up to 30 mph in a big hurry and still plenty of throttle left.30 mph has been my limit til I get a little more confident of the safeness of doing so.This carb rocks on a 66 getting one for my 48.Right now I'm trying out a CNS on the 48.Still fine tuning on that carb.When i get the other speed carb going to try on 48 to compare to CNS carb.

What is this 'HT Speed Carb'?
Is it a new NT carb or an aftermarket one?
If an NT, what's different?
Does it fit straight onto a standard inlet tube?
Is it sealed better on the inlet tube than the usual NT carbs?

'Pulls great from standing start' - standing, or rolling? (Clutch take-off, out of interest?)

Sounds good, I'll be very interested to hear the comparison between the 'Speed' carb and the CNS. Pity they're not both on 66cc engines.

Anyone else with a 'Speed' carb?

... Steve

Last edited:
The new NT carb is allmost identical.

It only says Speed on the side.

I have the knock off race carb...The 18mm PHBG....The original NT carb......The Speed Carb....and a Stock PK carb.

I wil do a video comparing these

Thanks for the link to the new NT carb. (It didn't work at first, you had a white space in it.) Here's the real link:- NT 'Speed' Carb for 66cc

Unfortunately, it looks like nothing has changed regarding the carb/inlet seal, as far as I can see.

The thing that stands out is that it's a brass slide and not the coated type like in my NT carb. The brass slides were only in the earlier models, I thought.

I just contacted SpookyTooth for more info on bore, main jet size, etc.
The blurb says they're 3mm larger and have a bigger main jet. (Personally, I had to go down from 0.79mm to 0.72mm to get the right mixture, not up.)

... Steve

Last edited:
As i said not much different at all.

The speed carb i have has a regular slide.

It's not Brass

CNS carb

Took out 48cc with the CNS Carb today after a good 5 mile ride of stopping and starting found the right adjustments for the carb.Got bike running great from low end to top but would'nt idle.Acted like it had an intake leak.Took off and found that there's an O-ring down in the bottom of carb where the intake tube goes in.Apparently did'nt have pushed on far enough.It comes with a nylon bushing to fit the smaller intake tube that makes it tight to push in anyway.After pushing till I could feel the O-ring slip over the intake runs great.On this 48cc I turned the mixture screw all the way in and then out 1&1/2 turns.But that's on this engine others may be differant.But could be a starting point.

Back