Phantom 85 pipe suggestions

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have plenty of those black and white ones, although I don't know if they'll hold up. Do you know if the abs or orange pads are better? I've only seen them now.

OH, I have talked about this many times...The orange pads I used only once...They turned black and burned up within a few days on me, squeeled and smelled like hell and I never used them again...I use the black and white ones and have one motor sitting on a shelf that I put 6000 miles on it over the course of 5 years that still has those black and white pads in it that are still usable, very little wear and tear.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have a set of the green abs pads on standby whenever my current black and whites are too worn. They are made out of abs, so my fear is they will burn up fast, but who knows.
These guys.

I have a set of the green abs pads on standby whenever my current black and whites are too worn. They are made out of abs, so my fear is they will burn up fast, but who knows.
These guys.
I think that would be a correct assumption myself considering the amount of "grab" these Phantoms have on the clutch system at lower off the line torque...Especially so since the green pads are more designed for E-bikes than our 2 strokes.

So... I got the pipe and the header is too short to fit on the bike and fit the frame. I picked up a 1 1/4" i.d. piece of black iron pipe and am planning on welding it onto the pipe to extend the header length, this will give me the clearance I need to get around the down tube.

Question: the iron pipe has a bigger inside diameter than the exhaust port, this this bad? The gasses going back into the cylinder will literally hit a wall when it comes back up the pipe and then into a smaller diameter hole.

Well... I got it on and boy does it hit. I was able to port match everything so there's no lips or anything. I also put a 44 tooth on it so I'd be able to rev it out fully in a short amount of road. I haven't even dared to go full throttle it's already screaming and I'm afraid it's going to blow.

I got a cr80/85 pipe (I guess they're the same) on the way. It looks like the header pipe has a good bend to it that'll fit nicely.

If my clutch starts slipping, is there anything I can do about it without upgrading to an saf super clutch? That won't work on my bike because the pedals hit the springs.
Can you send the link to the pipe your getting for the phantom, I’m looking to change the exhaust as well but can’t find anything

Back