Piston ring Problems, uh o..

Was it a pop as in a backfire, or a bang like throwing a rod or seizing the motor? These are never easy. Since you said you were going top end I tend to believe engine not clutch. But, the HT's clutch setups are cheap pieces of carp so it makes it hard to define the problems between them. If the rod went, it could have went up and down a few times and when you let out the clutch for the second time a piece may have jammed. This wouldnt show on the top side.(This would explain the engine side locking) I have to think a while on the clutch/tranny side.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=5977&highlight=clutch+diagram

Last edited:
i took that off earlier but just saw some large gears and a screw in the middle, didnt go any farther from there. but when i disengaged the clutch and moved the sprocket that large gear moved.

Well the fact that the large Ring gear moved is a good sign that the rod or bearing did not explode. Does small gear also move at least one full revolution? It seems to me I remember someone else with the output shaft that seized, I will do some searching for that thread and get back to you. In the mean time can you disengage the clutch and try to spin the outer clutch plate?

Part A. The metal disk inside the larger sprocket
Part B. The Large Sprocket
Part C. The Smaller Drive Head

umm, im not sure exactly what your asking, but heres a idea of what i know.

Part A spins freely when clutch is off. Part B and C stay still, but thats because there disengaged.

then i engage the clutch and part A and B TRY to move, but it appears C is keeping it from moving. But i do part c budging a little bit from its spot, this may just be me.. but can i get a diagram of the drive shaft to see if it may be something deeper into the assembly ?

Here is a link to a pdf file on the parts and exploded view of your HT engine.
Open the pdf in post 6.parts
Ok after reading your last post it appears as if something in the engine crankshaft area let go. Maybe a siezed bearing or broken connecting rod as Graucho mentioned earlier.
I am glad you did not get hit by any tornados last night, I hope you have the same good fortune with your engine. I will continue to try and help you out by answering questions as they come up.

ok, so can someone walk me through what i need to do and what i need to look for while im doing it?

I have never had one apart that far, but if you refer to the parts pdf you should be able to pull it apart. Or it might be better to purchase just the engine, if you don't have access to the necessary tools.

Back