Planning out my first MB project.. Help and suggestions, please!

lilbowser

Local time
5:24 PM
Hi there! I am new to the forum, but have been lurking for the past couple weeks. :whistle: I've been researching a lot, and slowly figuring out what my plans will be for my bike (I like planning) :D

So far, I think I will be starting out with the "GT-5 Pro Racing" 2 stroker from Gasbike. I guess the first thing on my list when I buy it is dismantling, and making sure everything looks a-ok, knowing the quality of these china motors, I'd rather be safe. I think it's a decent value, and I am mostly buying it for the head it comes with. Any suggestions for other motors under $200 would be great though. My goals are speed, and I'm dreaming of a little over 40mph. Not sure if this would reach that, but I think it's the right direction.

From there, I'm going to try and do some mods from Jaguar's site, and some others. This is somewhat the order I plan on doing them:

-Replace stock hardware with SBP nuts and bolts
-Replace carb with a Mikuni or Dellorto
-Install the Jaguar CDI
-Check head compression, if <135psi, lathe to around 135
-Extend intake
-Port engine

-Get SBP Torque Pipe? (Possibly others? Suggestions please)
-Do Jaguar's JBWeld transfer port mod
-Install Reed Valve
-Get 36 tooth sprocket

-Get Skyhawk GT-2 Frame
-Get SBP shift kit
-Install good disc brakes
-Transfer everything over to GT-2 frame.

That's the general plan, and I'm really excited to kick it off. Thoughts and suggestions would be really helpful. Thanks!

Sounds like a great plan. I would break-in the motor in stock form before adding the goodies.

Basic Question from Newbie

From what I have read I concur with the last post in that the break in is VERY important. I would think starting with an engine that you know is running well before taking it apart would be a wise decision. I also am planing, and intend to begin a bike shortly and love your upgrade list. I am not yet clear on a basic issue. I intend to buy a Huffy beach bike BUT is it a three speed! For a first try should I scrap that and get a single speed or it it a real issue. Finally, I am up for any 2 cycle engine. Is one more highly recommended in this forum than others as far as reliability, parts, etc.
Mike

Back