Engine Trouble Pre ignition / detonation at WOT

Is this bike running right now? Engines vibrate at a certain range of RPM. Above or below that range they calm down. So at that range the fuel in the carb will foam thus not feeding fuel to the engine properly and cause the engine to surge if mounts are not tight. When above or below that range the fuel will feed properly so no surge. If this bike is not running right now how about you get it running and then we can try to address the problems that it may or may not have in it's current state rather then chasing problems that you can't test results for and may no longer even exist.

Last edited:
uhhm I just finished welding the exhaust up an hour ago, it's currently 9pm and pitch black.

I need to put the piston in, and put the head on, and then slide the carb over the reed valve. I may not have a fuel line long enough. But that is the stock NT carb.
I can either tune this tomorrow, and change over to the PZ20 carb later, or get the 20mm outer diameter pipe I need, and weld that up and then just tune that carb. That would be a better idea IMO. I think I'll go to the store tomorrow and get the pipe I need, and weld it.

Vibrations come and go at different speeds. It's like an unbalanced car tire. It may not shake until 80 or 90kmh, then shake up to 100kmh then go away again. Whether or not you can move the engine with your hand I'd still bolt the front mount down.

I'm going to, don't worry. Just said that it doesn't move. My frame is kinda weird so the front bolts are bent as well.

Back