Question About Oil.

SUNP0007 - Copy.JPG
SUNP0008 - Copy.JPG

That's about the most I ran too, on an engine with a similar set up. The red line has the same effect, how is the wear handling? I seem to get a good six months from some cylinder running as high as 85 at points and pulling a good 45-50, and I'm kind of a big person lol... What temps are you also seeing for some reason it gets like 98-100 degrees on these idiotic heatwave things in this area and holy crap does my engine get hot! Somehow the red stuff keeps it from completely destroying itself. I've had other oils make my rings shatter or bearings die oddly.

You know those engines with the open transfer walls? Some 2 strokes do it others don't. I know some chainsaws have that, and seen a pocket bike 49cc with the same thing, and a built in Reed valve case.

What would be a good way to get a proper squish, and what is the proper squish in that type of chamber? This is the bullet train head/cylinder one piece combo number 5.

I hope it cools well enough. I was wondering if that large base with the oil cooling clutch would be an OK heatsink? Maybe put copper and aluminum sheet/foil as a gasket to transfer heat out of the head. Or a heavy copper sheet with a larger copper heatsink to wick away excess heat somehow...
The temp here the other day when I was out on the bike was 32 c so 89.6 f and thats hot for us still the engine temps are 320 f max between the head and cylinder.The wear is good I will go thru a set of rings in a season but still get to use the jug for a few.For the Bullet Train I think I would use physical measurements of the jug from base to squish bands lowest point and subtract the 40 mm stroke and piston height from the base to be sure.

The temp here the other day when I was out on the bike was 32 c so 89.6 f and thats hot for us still the engine temps are 320 f max between the head and cylinder.The wear is good I will go thru a set of rings in a season but still get to use the jug for a few.For the Bullet Train I think I would use physical measurements of the jug from base to squish bands lowest point and subtract the 40 mm stroke and piston height from the base to be sure.
How can you put a squish band at all in one of those or bring the compression up.

That's good ring wear i'd guess. I'm about the same, i just change them when the weather changes, along with the jets.
Thanks for your help man :)

How can you put a squish band at all in one of those or bring the compression up.
The squish is in there already weather it's spaced right or not IDK but instead of decking the cylinder top or head you do the cylinder base or even the case at the base just be careful as to the depth of the cylinder walls inside the case.

The squish is in there already weather it's spaced right or not IDK but instead of decking the cylinder top or head you do the cylinder base or even the case at the base just be careful as to the depth of the cylinder walls inside the case.
Sounds dangerous lol, maybe cut out a large adapter plate and bolt a heavy standard aluminum head down. I just don't want it to fry.

Back