Ram air does indeed effect pressure inside the case and contributes to top speed.

I already get 47 MPH which i will not go that fast anyways, (only did it once to see what it would do), out of my stock Zeda 80 with stock NT carby...who needs more than that with a bicycle with a motor strapped to it...lol.
Me 😈 I do 🤣
Jk, but seriously if I really uncork my 208 and let it unravel I'll be doing around 50 when it begins to struggle and 55 when she's crying to blow mostly because I've geared it to limit it and have more power lower in the range
I'm very content at 35 mph blasting up any hill in my way. I usually don't go over 25 mph. If i want speed, I'll jump on my motorcycle.

I ride these bad boys, because here you don't need to register them, dirt bikes are illegal to ride in city limits, no one complains I cut through the corner of their yard on a bike, and I can ride it every place a bicycle can be.

Surprised you didn't carry over about how even if you eliminated the reversion factor with a reed it would still provide no real gains due to the general velocity limitations withing the confines of such a small engine.
This thread went on and on with wishful thinking trying to overcome the fact's no matter how they were explained, but some common sense from many here showed the truth be known.

I already get 47 MPH which i will not go that fast anyways, (only did it once to see what it would do), out of my stock Zeda 80 with stock NT carby...who needs more than that with a bicycle with a motor strapped to it...lol.
While my post has nothing to do with Ram Air and how it affects top speed, I just wanted to show off my Whizzer :ROFLMAO:

Most the roads I ride on have a 40 - 50 mph speed limit. I don't want to be a traffic hazard.
Whizzer 138cc

Attachments

• DSCF9332.JPG
    DSCF9332.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF9349.JPG
    DSCF9349.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF9355.JPG
    DSCF9355.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCF9350.JPG
    DSCF9350.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCF8726.JPG
    DSCF8726.JPG
    195.4 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF9082.JPG
    DSCF9082.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 103
Most of my riding area has a limit of 30, the one stretch is 40 but I've gotten pulled over enough times to just avoid it.

Being pulled over doing the speed limit might have something to do with the signs posted at every single intersection on it,

"Bicycles and Pedestrians Prohibited"

In California I see these signs on the freeway on ramps
"No Motor Driven Cycles"
"No Pedestrians or Bicycles"

I see these signs on Bicycle Paths
"No Motor Driven Cycles"
"No Gas Motor Bikes"
" Class 1 E Bike Only"

On some Hiking Trails I see these signs
"No Gas Motor Bikes"
"No Electric Bicycles"
" Hikers and Horses only"

In California I see these signs on the freeway on ramps
"No Motor Driven Cycles"
"No Pedestrians or Bicycles"

I see these signs on Bicycle Paths
"No Motor Driven Cycles"
"No Gas Motor Bikes"
" Class 1 E Bike Only"

On some Hiking Trails I see these signs
"No Gas Motor Bikes"
"No Electric Bicycles"
" Hikers and Horses only"
Most of my riding area has a limit of 30, the one stretch is 40 but I've gotten pulled over enough times to just avoid it.

Being pulled over doing the speed limit might have something to do with the signs posted at every single intersection on it,

"Bicycles and Pedestrians Prohibited"
Only sign I see here is " No Motorized Vehicles Allowed on Path". I've been through it with people many times over, and even waited for police, an offered to call them or let them use my phone to call an officer out.

Officer arrives, we usually move to wait by a main road so the officer can spot us and doesn't have to walk so far to tell the person to stop harassing me. Boy do they get mad when an officer tells them my bikes are motor assisted and in the same class as an ebike out here, Motor-"Assisted".

Then they will ask them if I was driving wreck less etc. An they will lie, then the cop starts to say something and I'm all , " would you like to see my camera footage, and the top speed readings on my speedo, sir?" At that point they are pissed from the other guy lying and wasting their time.

They notify them it is against the law to falsely report a crime and told the next time they will be jailed and fined. lol

@Wrench I get seen by blinding drivers with high powered lights. Automatic reaction is to swerve away( they get scared thinking I am lot larger than I really am). Not that I am wanting to, seem the only way to get their attention off the phone is to hit them directly in the eyes with 50,000 lumens of pure white light.

Even done it to a few cops on their phones not paying attention. Only got pulled over once for that, to be apologized to by the officer for almost running me over. Then we talk about my bike as they ponder building one. lol

Back