Reality Review on Registration/Ca.and elsewhere

Pete,

This is the third time you have posted on this forum after you said you will not be posting until March '08

Just a gentle reminder. :-|

Mary

This post speaks volumes. A childish button push?

Now finish your project. Don't ride on the sidewalk. Send in the form for the plate and take the m/c test at the CA DMV. The learner's permit is only good for one year and one must take the riding test during that time. Enjoy!

This post speaks volumes. A childish button push?

Now finish your project. Don't ride on the sidewalk. Send in the form for the plate and take the m/c test at the CA DMV. The learner's permit is only good for one year and one must take the riding test during that time. Enjoy!

Pete,

After having been on the board for a few months and after reading many of your cutting posts to other members, I would expect nothing less from you.

You are giving out misinformation. It's clear to me that you (and Mike) have not done a thorough reading of the CA Vehicle Code as it pertains to motored bicycles. You seem to think that since you have a motorcycle license that you know all there is to know about licensing requirements for bikes. I suggest you go back to my earlier posts on this thread and read the law minus your preconceptions.

Is this the 3rd or 4th time now? I've lost count.

Mary

are we done arguing now ? :eek:
mary, if you believe you don't need any thing to be legal, ride your bike
me, if I lived in Cali, I would spend the 17$ on a plate just to be on the safe side

I am not arguing.
An M-2 endorement is needed on one's CDL to legally operate a motorized bicycle in CA. PERIOD! A bust for improper licensing is generally not a minor offence.

At one time gasoline powered go-peds were being ridden everywhere here in SoCal. Where are they now? It is rare to see one on the road. An M-2 is requiored for their operation also.
So as motorized bicycles become more popular they may meet with the same fate. This is the point both Mike and I want to stress. Be legal and tread lightly.

Mary needs to have the last word. At this point she can have it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back