Shifter Kit from www.sickbikeparts.com

Thats one of the most innovative things I've seen in a while. It makes me wish I had gears on my cruiser.

I bought this kit to put on my schwinn point beach.

just in case someone was in the same boat as me, i wouldnt get this kit. the one piece crank is not compatable.

looks like i have to buy a new bike.

Directly from our website:

Requirements for using this kit.

Please read through this list carefully. If you, or your bike, do not meet these requirements this upgrade kit is not for you.

You must:

be an experienced bicycle mechanic

be an experienced motored bicycle mechanic

have a typical Chinese "Happy Time" 2 stroke engine kit, displacement doesn't matter

have a standard square-taper 3 piece bottom bracket, conversion kits are available here

have a chromoly or quick release rear axle, standard steel axles will bend

have a typical mountain bike V-frame, but will also work on most "cruiser" style frames

have no greater than a 1 1/4" seat tube

have a quality rear derailleur, internal hub shifter or NuVinci hub

I bought this kit to put on my schwinn point beach.

just in case someone was in the same boat as me, i wouldnt get this kit. the one piece crank is not compatable.

looks like i have to buy a new bike.

No worries dude, they make it clear a 3 piece crank is needed. Ashtabula 1 piece can easily be converted and just consider it an upgrade.

Any knowledgable bike person who sees an ashtabula crank usually considers it second rate. You've just done a great upgrade for 20-30 bucks.

Yeah. To be honest I read that when I was about to order it. I said to myself, I just bought this bike, its modern, it has to have a 3 piece crank. Not the case, lol.

Im about to starting ringing the local bike shops. If i cant find it local I'm going to order the conversion kit today.

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

I see you have already shipped a kit to Aus.

How much was the freight? and any idea how fast it will take to arrive?

The kit to Aus was for me (or at least one is:D)
Freight was US$50
Hasn't arrived yet so don't know time. Opted for low cost over fast delivery so......Will let you know.

Cheers,
Glenn

Back