Sources for ROBIN-SUBARU EHO35

ill throw my 2 cents at this...

Honda is OHC with a timing belt. Ive seen this before (dont say it doesnt/cant happen) where timing belts break. these are interference motors (valves will hit the piston if the timing belt breaks) I love my honda lawn equipment (yes, ohc) but i dont like timing belts.

the Subaru is a pushrod OHV system. MUCH more trustworthy.

I dont know about the rest of either engine (never had one) but i'll be getting the subaru...

Last edited:
You will be pleased with the R/S. Break in on both my R/S's was done with avoiding full throttle and varying the throttle setting constantly. At around 150 miles, my daughter's R/S is broken in w/ considerable compression and more power than when new. The R/S is the 'nicest' running engine of the half dozen I've tried for mb's. Good Luck and enjoy the ride!

Honda is OHC with a timing belt. Ive seen this before (dont say it doesnt/cant happen) where timing belts break. these are interference motors (valves will hit the piston if the timing belt breaks) I love my honda lawn equipment (yes, ohc) but i dont like timing belts.

The Honda GX35 has plenty of valve clearance at TDC and full valve lift to avoid collision. The piston will not hit valves if the belt breaks or if the teeth strip off the belt.

The honda GX35 still has the belt and it is the weak point of there little motor. If I were to use a honda I would use the GXH50. For a smaller motor the Robin Subaru EHO35 is what I will use.

just outa curiuusity has any one seen a broken belt on a GX35? I never have seen one nor heard of one breaking.

I would trust the belt of the GX35 over Robins sintered metal cam overlay on the nylon gear arrangement.

Back