Stinger Length?

I also slightly ramped the exhaust side of the piston, and i do mean a very little bit.

I also noticed that with the stock rings i was getting a tad bit of blow by where the top ring Pin was, it had slid deeper into the piston,
glad i got a new piston and whatnot.

Guess i'l ride tomorrow for a 20 mile trip, weather permitting.

Just got the rings from denniskirk.com
They are the same Namura rings from the ebay guy except one has the coating on the ring face and the other one
seems to have no coating on the face but the edges are beveled :unsure:

So, i guess i'll put the coated one on top and the strange looking one on the bottom.
They both have the same numbers on them so i'm not sure what's up with this.

Will the 12 degree advanced magnet actually make any improvements for the engine?

With the rings the chrome one is the top. Are they the same part number?

Yep, same part numbers on both rings.

They look the same except for the lack of the face coating on one ring and the beveled edges are really different.
Is the bottom one an oil ring? i'm lost but i'll install 'em :D

Will the 12 degree advanced magnet actually make any improvements for the engine?
What CDI are you using?
I don't have the modern keyway position on my engine so idk whether advanced or retarded base timing is desirable for any reasons, but 12° sounds like a huge amount for an adjustment to what works already.
On my old style 66 with stock CDI, I retarded the base timing (magnet) by only 5.4° to help with vibration above 6000~
The newer engines are supposed to be better, so an adjustment of over 5.4° seems odd. :unsure:

They are both compression rings. Oil rings are a 4 stroke thing.

Wonder why one set is different. Makes me think about ordering a couple more sets from ebay. Going to grab more bgf cylinders before they disappear.

What CDI are you using?
I don't have the modern keyway position on my engine so idk whether advanced or retarded base timing is desirable for any reasons, but 12° sounds like a huge amount for an adjustment to what works already.
On my old style 66 with stock CDI, I retarded the base timing (magnet) by only 5.4° to help with vibration above 6000~
The newer engines are supposed to be better, so an adjustment of over 5.4° seems odd. :unsure:

Stock CDI that came with the zeda engines i got last year.
I was looking at their site and seen where they have an adjustable magnet and a 12 degree advanced magnet.

I'd heard differing stories, some say it only helps top end and vibration? others i seen said it helps torque/bottom end oomph?

What CDI are you using?
I want the adjustable magnet but I am done ordering from Douchebag Motor Sports and they are the only ones I've seen that have them.

They are both compression rings. Oil rings are a 4 stroke thing.

Wonder why one set is different. Makes me think about ordering a couple more sets from ebay. Going to grab more bgf cylinders before they disappear.

The first set of namura i got from ebay both had the face coating, the ones from denniskirk, only one had the coating.

I'm gonna stock up on the ones from ebay as well.

:D yeah i was thinking of getting 3 more BGF sleeved cyls ;)

Back