Supercharged 2-stroke engine

It messed up the crank shaft. Harleys have a very soft crank for some reason. The SC actually never got hot. It would sweat from the cold air going through it. It ran off of a gear bolted to the crank, and the bolt broke and rounded the end of the crank ("D" shaped from the factory). It was a blast when it ran right! I could match just about any crotchrocket red light to red light.

Slightly off subject, but pertinent to recent comments; The pinion shaft in a Harley engine is designed to power a camshaft and oil pump, nothing more. That's why the poor thing failed on you. It was waaay overtaxed by that blower.

The reason it failed was the bolt that held the SC drive gear on broke, which in turn caused it to "walk" back and forth on the crank rounding the D shape off it causing the timing to be erratic and not run and in turn ruining the crank. The crank held up fine until that bolt broke. It'd break the rear tire loose in third when it was running right.

You know I saw this Thread and thought it was about the coolest thing since that acme vtwin. I mean the guy is Supercharging a china girl! Yet rather than supporting your fellow gearhead everyone just puts down his idea as pointless or dangerous. Then you attack him for not posting pictures after he does it and call him a fraud. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Claw, when I was a kid, it took a while for me to figure out my 2 buddies where story tellers. People tell stories out of a sense of wanting to feel non-ordinary.
Mr. Supercharged is required by consensus here to show us the beef. That means pics.
No beef- no believe. No offense, that is the way technical minds work.

The guy couldn't even spell supercharGed correctly when he signed up as a member on this forum. Most people post atleast a pic of there bike before bragging how much fun it is to ride. I mean come on, the guy is claiming to have scratch built a supercharger for these tiny motors and doesn't even own a 100 dollar digi camera.?!?
Bottom line its been a few weeks without proof. Some of the posters on here bought his snake oil and want to save face by insulting the realist who never believed him.

I'd love for him to prove me wrong, and then explain why he didn't spell his name correctly when he signed up.

It has been a while and maybe he didn't really do it, but thats not really my point. What I am saying is that we should support people who try the wilder and more difficult mods on their bikes rather than just mocking them as impractical or just crazy. I just don't think that's right. Even if this guy was lying, as he may very well be, the next guy might not be. I would just like to see these kinds of projects encouraged.

Dear Mr Clawbrant

I had my credit card waving in the air ready to buy the first unit of his production run, if he chose to do so.

I was giving Superchargedcustoms overwhelming support and urging him on amongst some of the naysayers but became disappointed as he evidently couldn't come up with the goods, nor provide any photos even with dollars as an incentive.

Fabian

Back