Tensioner Bearing

YetiWoodz

Local time
5:46 PM
The sealed bearing in my chain tensioner is slipping out and throwing off my chain. I tried hammering it in good, but it still does it. Should I just weld it to the housing?
20211031_152922.jpg

Don't go welding things. Replace the bearing. What is the brand and # of the bearing? Should be stamped on the shield.

Take the bearing out & dimple the inside bore of the sprocket with a center punch, then get some high strength bearing retainer & put some of it in the sprocket bore & reinstall bearing. Wipe excess off & let sit over night. That's a good poor man's fix!

WARNING: KIDS THIS IS WHAT NOT TO DO TO A BEARING, EVER!
Yeah, as expected now it doesn't work quite right 🤣. One bearing isn't rolling right or there's something stuck in it. Heck with the tensioner I'm going back to my 38t sprocket lol.

Half links don't fit in my clutch housing. But I'd like to trade some torque for smoothness and more top end. But no tensioner.

You can cut a notch into your drop outs, if you move the wheel back an 1/8" probably enough. Or, tack weld a spacer in, but either way you will need a little bit of precession.

Back