The Hornet "Barn Find"

My goal is being reached, people are thinking I found it this way and got it running. The Rocket Ray headlight is on its way. Still debating on whether to put the rear fender and rack on.
3076_bike_001_5.jpg

3076_bike_003_5.jpg

I will post a pic of the front mount later tonight. I machined it on my drill press from a block of aluminum.
The seat feels like a 2x6 also!. It is the original seat from 1953 (which answers the question on the year of the Hornet.
I will be putting the rear fender and carrier on it tomorrow, after I (sigh) cut the rear fender to make way for the chain.
I bought a seat from Target yesterday and put it on. It was advertised as "large, wide and comfortable". It was large, wide, and not comfortable, so I am taking it back. I bought a jel cover to go over the original.

Looks good.I have a 1948 hornet that is close to the same color.Here are a couple web for vintage bikes. thecabe.com nostalgic.net

Sorry for the delay, here is a closeup of the Motor mount. I am having trouble with the front clamp bending over as I tighten it however, and it is causing the the rods to pull in, and is stripping the 6mm threaded rod. I guess I will either widen the holes a bit, or go another route for the outside clamp. I will be posting pics of the completed bike later, after the paintg on the rocket ray headlight finishes drying (I converted it to LED!!)

Back