Theft prevention idea, need help...

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
8:17 PM
The other night I fell asleep with my bike on my apartment porch not locked up. I woke up withy bike still there thank God but it got my brain gears going...

Say you stop at a store without a bike lock, normal I'll just lock up my wheels to the frame but sometimes I'll only be in for minute or two. What if there was a buckle where the little spring is for the clutch on a two stroke? The cable would fasten to the buckle and the buckle would have another one that goes where the clutch cable normally does. With the buckle loosened, the clutch won't disengage making pedaling or rolling impossible. The thief would have to carry the bike away.

Are you seeing what I'm drawing here? If you steal my idea and market it, I want 25% off of net income. :ROFLMAO:

Well, not that bad. Or they will just throw it onto their truck and leave with a free bike.

This is why I don't have a chain to my pedals! Haha. (Thats a joke, i didn't but for other reasons)
What if the guy manages to start the engine? You'd need to choke it, close the fuel line, take the spark plug hat off just barely so its not visible.. Make sure the engine won't run.

It would have to be really small though. I guess simply taking the screw out would work too. You don't need to pull it right like brakes... Wake and bake! DDDDDDD

Why not just find a lock that will fit in the spaces of the chain, The size of the lock that would fit there probably would not be very strong but the spot that it's in would make it harder to break and maybe even if they did brake it the chain would probably be unusable.

The only problem I see with this is if they know how to pull links apart which might be solved by putting the lock in the same spot as the master link

It was just another random thought by Zak. I was just thinking of a quick and not so obvious way to make thievery take more than 2 seconds and a spontanious burst of dishonesty.

Here's a clutch lever lock, small and portable.
And this is one of the many locks I use when I lock my bike up at night. Also small and portable and loud.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
20190729_193918.jpg

I use this guy for an alarm and sleep with a Glock .40. Never even had anyone try to take my bike or canoe or motorcycle that usually has the keys in it. Caddy as well.

Just remember no matter how much security you put on something if a thief wants the product he will take the product

Locks = pickable
Chains = cutable
Alarms = Brakeable
Bikes = Take Apartable and put backtogetherable

NOW a bike with a few guns or even a bomb attached with sensitive facial recon on it that fire/blow up when a person gets so close unless that person is you might just work

The other night I fell asleep with my bike on my apartment porch not locked up. I woke up withy bike still there thank God but it got my brain gears going...

Say you stop at a store without a bike lock, normal I'll just lock up my wheels to the frame but sometimes I'll only be in for minute or two. What if there was a buckle where the little spring is for the clutch on a two stroke? The cable would fasten to the buckle and the buckle would have another one that goes where the clutch cable normally does. With the buckle loosened, the clutch won't disengage making pedaling or rolling impossible. The thief would have to carry the bike away.

Are you seeing what I'm drawing here? If you steal my idea and market it, I want 25% off of net income. :ROFLMAO:
well, theres just one flaw with that design,

all a thief needs is to take off the chain (very easy to do with a quick release, or just take a 15mm wrench)
or take off the master link, and just chuck the chain on the motor

also, if they do a running start, you can theoretically still start it by hoping on, the clutch just wont work

all and all, your bike would be gone in 20 seconds

but i dont think bike thiefs are really that smart, or that persistent, most are just opportunity thiefs

(although, some one did cut my lock once, thank god i had my spare one hooked up (used some heavy duty chain and a big ass lock), if i didn't have it the thief would of ended up with a new motorized bike)

Back