Three months in the making.

FINALLY, after 3 months of fabrication, painting, welding, making, and breaking, my bobber is done. Still runs like ****, but that's fine for now. I'm just stoked that I finished it. The headlight is hooked up and works great! I welded my own expansion chamber and it was a night and day difference. BUT IT HAS NO BRAKES!! The band brake on that HD rim snapped. Great... What do you think about it?

Attachments

• 102_8203.jpg
    102_8203.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 369
  • 102_8200.jpg
    102_8200.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 295
Engines

Hey Masor, Sorry to here about yer engine. Those chinese things are so easy to do a top end rebuild on you could blow it up every weekend, if you were rich, and have it running again by monday morning.
Next time, try breaking it in real easy. Some say ya don't have to. Most say, at the very least, 2 or 3 tanks of gas.
A friend of mine did a new install and rode it like a madman from the gate for almost a year. That motor is still running today and I'm gonna use it on my next personal build. another guy(a customer) did the same thing and blew it up in three day's. So you decide what's best.
Anyway, Good luck with yer bike. hope ya got it running again by now.
Thanks,
Big Red.

It was a good engine too. An SD Stinger. The piston just crumbled. The crank was offset and it was wearing the wall away. I beat the crank back into position and it was good for 20 more miles. The engine blew up at 1600 miles. RIP.

Engines

It was a good engine too. An SD Stinger. The piston just crumbled. The crank was offset and it was wearing the wall away. I beat the crank back into position and it was good for 20 more miles. The engine blew up at 1600 miles. RIP.
Geeze dude, What kinda bad luck is that? Sounds like you have everything ready to go except the engine. Heck, if you were anywhere near me I'd set you up with most of the parts to put one together, just to get you back on the road. I've got a couple of good used lower units, A few decent pistons and heads. All you would need is a jug and some rings. I'm out of rings and just used my last good jug on another build.
Look around on sleaze bay or craigslist for a good used or re-buildable engine. I see them every now and then. Some sellers will sell the engine ONLY but I think they still want around $100.00 or better for one.
Good Luck,
Big Red.

Back