three wheeler

what do yall think of this.the pictures r not up to date.it has a different gas tank on it now.it does 40 mph.

Attachments

• 100_8299.jpg
    100_8299.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 744
  • 100_8297.jpg
    100_8297.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 508
  • 100_8298.jpg
    100_8298.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 528
to implement friction drive on a trike I'd probably need to put it on the front wheel - I think the issues raised by powering one of the two rear wheels of a delta trike would be a very messy can of worms indeed. Oh, I can envision a method of applying friction drive to both rear wheels simultaneously, but it is little less complicated than what I've already drawn up.

I looks to me like the photos of the trike on the begining of this thread that it only drives one wheel. If you look at the picture from underneath the engine chain goes to one wheel and the pedal chain goes to the other.

Pete

your right the motor is mounted to the right hand side, and the left has the normal chain drive attached, i wonder how much of a pull of center, if any the motor causes.

You would imagine that by powering just one side it would just do donuts, put you never know until you actually try it. the solution is always in the end result...

Back