Tinkering in Georgia

DieKeis

Local time
4:16 PM
Hey everyone. Middle Georgia lurker checking in. This site is great.

I've been trying to build a motorized bicycle for a coupla weeks now. Friction drive with a donated blower motor - vertical shaft is a pain BTW.

After my first build (that didn't work) I'm definitely going to buy a kit in the future. I'll still get this thing working, but I figure a kit will be much more reliable than the hack job I'm creating. And since I'll probably use it for my 3 mile commute on pretty days, (somewhat) reliable is what I'd like to have.

I'm looking at an HT just because of Sick Bike Part's super cool shifter kit. Actually, their shifter kit is the only reason I'm considering purchasing an engine kit at all - gears... we're talking GEARS!

Skill set: I can clean a carb and usually get it back together and working. I imagine my small engine skills will get polished if I get an HT - from what I read around here. I wish I could weld, but it's amazing what you can create with angle iron, a drill, and some bolts.

In short, I can tinker.

Thanks for all the great information you've collected here. I've been trying to put it to good use.

Excellent. That's what we're here for.
(though maybe I shouldn't say "we". I think I've used more info than I've given.)

Keep us posted on your build, ideas about tinkering for better operation, safety, riding tips, etc.

We can't get enough of it.

DieKeis welcome to the board. Matter of coincidence: I just returned from eating lunch at a new BBQ restaurant that opened a couple blocks from my home. I rode my Motorized Bicycle. The restaurant is family owned by extremely nice folks and the family is from Georgia.

Back