To buy the 85cc/110cc or not?

Unless you are willing and prepared to put in a ton of work, I would suggest not buying the 110 engine. It's big, sure, but the compression is very low and the port shape, position, timing, and holes in the iron sleeve are all terrible and need a bunch of work to even begin to make the same power as a good quality 66cc. Out of the box, a good 49cc engine actually makes more power.

This is from somebody that has one to tinker with, and decided it was less work to use it for a saw hybrid build.

I thought you was buying the 110cc engine from your reputable ebay supplier. Idk CDH is about as reputable as it comes.
There are too many inconsistencies and I don't want to end up with a Yd100 and then having trouble returning it because technically the description lists both YD data and 110 data. The kit is cheaper than an engine only from CDH. Aside from that, CDH only distributes it, but I wouldn't be purchasing it from them if I go the eBay/Amazon route.

I am interested in buying it from you.

I thought you was buying the 110cc engine from your reputable ebay supplier. Idk CDH is about as reputable as it comes.

Also fyi, I sent you a DM regarding it
Unless you are willing and prepared to put in a ton of work, I would suggest not buying the 110 engine. It's big, sure, but the compression is very low and the port shape, position, timing, and holes in the iron sleeve are all terrible and need a bunch of work to even begin to make the same power as a good quality 66cc. Out of the box, a good 49cc engine actually makes more power.

This is from somebody that has one to tinker with, and decided it was less work to use it for a saw hybrid build.
Oh I'm totally about it. I bought the $20 - 49mm top end kit that was an absolute disaster and now it's pretty nice. Paired with a crank I balanced to around 50% (was 33%) in the end I believe it will be worth it
To answer your other question. No, a 460 piston won't work. I checked 😉.
Really? This is interesting. What occurred for it not to work? The only thing I can think of is that the intake timing would be affected because the piston (Specifically intake side) is shorter

Also fyi, I sent you a DM regarding it

Oh I'm totally about it. I bought the $20 - 49mm top end kit that was an absolute disaster and now it's pretty nice. Paired with a crank I balanced to around 50% (was 33%) in the end I believe it will be worth it

Really? This is interesting. What occurred for it not to work? The only thing I can think of is that the intake timing would be affected because the piston (Specifically intake side) is shorter
Bore size is fine. It's the shape that causes 2 problems.
1. The skirt is too short to work with the too-low exhaust port floor and it opens up a big gap to the crankcase at TDC. You might be ok if the opening in the sleeve sits high on the exhaust port, but mine sat low and it left a solid 4-5mm wide opening.
2. Ms460 pistons are flat tops and the chamber on the 110 head is a massive dome the full width of the bore. It has no squish band. Even if you milled the jug the 2 to 3mm to set the piston deck height to zero it would have a very low compression ratio.

Bore size is fine. It's the shape that causes 2 problems.
1. The skirt is too short to work with the too-low exhaust port floor and it opens up a big gap to the crankcase at TDC. You might be ok if the opening in the sleeve sits high on the exhaust port, but mine sat low and it left a solid 4-5mm wide opening.
2. Ms460 pistons are flat tops and the chamber on the 110 head is a massive dome the full width of the bore. It has no squish band. Even if you milled the jug the 2 to 3mm to set the piston deck height to zero it would have a very low compression ratio.
TFH, they prey on people's gullibility, that bigger must be better. That only applies to work shops.

@DieselTech Ive tried to communicate with you multiple times but have not had luck in getting a response. Sell it to someone else.

It isn't a matter of "well you said you didn't want it" as you've continued to react to my posts on the thread after I walked back my comment and are willing to trust people on this forum, especially after when members vouched that I have nothing to worry about. Just seems like a really strange thing to do.

Back