Turn signals & lights

Oh, I'm more interested in the turn signal/brake options. I'm not worried about someone taking my bike. I'd beat the piss out of them before they got far (I'm also installing a key to my ignition line shortly)... let them try to pedal the b**ch away!

:D
The one you showed has an alarm and brake light on it. You can't beat the crap out of someone outside messing with your bike with a U lock across the chain stay and through the spokes while you're inside of a store. However, a loud alarm will draw attention to the thief/vandal so that they'll move away from your bike.

I have 2 alarms on my bike.

Got the BBR -actually Ching Yi or something like that - 3-in-1 turn signal and light set from BikeBerry, it has a front unit which mounts to the handlebar and has all the controls and a rear unit, which mounts to the seat post and takes batteries.
It also has a little wire with a tiny 'accordion' at the end and a little screw that is obviously supposed to attach to something, so I thought maybe you could run the unit off the magneto via the much-maligned white wire.
However, BikeBerry customer service say no.
Haven't actually tried it yet, what say you
The little squeeze brake light switch requires you to run the brake cable through it. It has a little set-screw. Then you have to reattach the brake cable.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Watch this video for this lighting ad, you will see what I mean by proper product marketing and making sure that you get the idea how well it works instead of just teaching you how to use a screw driver...Do they want to sell you the screwdriver or the lighting product???...lol...lol.

...again, you watched the wrong video. This is the one you want. Seems to do a good job of demonstrating the product...

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
...again, you watched the wrong video. This is the one you want. Seems to do a good job of demonstrating the product...

It's not that I watched the wrong video...That is the one the advertiser put first for everyone to watch...A big mistake for marketing purposes.

Your not understanding what I am trying to say here.

Bad advertising on their part...That second video should have been FIRST and foremost to advertise their product, not the video they showed first advertising how to use a screwdriver...lol.

I don't speak for anyone else here, but when it comes to ads or trying to sell me something or get me to see something, the seller has got just one chance to do it right...The First time...not the second or the third video etc...The Very First One...That is what I am saying here.

GrouchyScholarlyAndeancat-size_restricted.gif

;)

It's not that I watched the wrong video...That is the one the advertiser put first for everyone to watch...A big mistake for marketing purposes.

Your not understanding what I am trying to say here.

Bad advertising on their part...That second video should have been FIRST and foremost to advertise their product, not the video they showed first advertising how to use a screwdriver...lol.

I don't speak for anyone else here, but when it comes to ads or trying to sell me something or get me to see something, the seller has got just one chance to do it right...The First time...not the second or the third video etc...The Very First One...That is what I am saying here.
Until something was said about a second video I didn't even know there was one. I thought the product was like a lot of the pieces of junk out there. After seeing the second video I now want 2 of them. You're right the second video should've been first.

One thing I'm sure of is anything made in China costing $20 including shipping or less is JUNK. Been my experience mostly. Had a few winners, key word few. Just ordered 2 charging cables for my smartphone that cost $6.50 to my home from Ebay, they should be ok.

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that extra wire is for the "brake detection". I am guessing you install it somewhere that it will detect when your brake lever is pulled. This is only a guess... and I did very badly on the Price is Right "traveling show" (with Chuck Woolery).

:)
Can't really think of anywhere the little concertina with a screw inside could be attached that would detect braking, but I do remember Chuck Woolery's Love Connection , which was probably the only 'dating' show that wasn't a complete fraud/scam/joke.

Back